Siscon Ani to Brocon Imouto ga Shoujiki ni Nattara - Vol. 3 Ch. 24 - When I Want to Cook For You

Group Leader
Who in the right mind doesn't taste their own cooking while adding salt/other condiments?
This stupid trope needs to stop.

Dex-chan lover
@Aoitenshi
I wholeheartedly agree. It's really weird that characters that aren't good at cooking (and even know it) don't taste test their own dishes. Makes absolutely no sense.

Dex-chan lover
@Askorti @Aoitenshi Well, if you consider that a lot of people forget to do so even in cooking shows like Masterchef, it can surely happen.

Btw, Utamom is cute

Dex-chan lover
@ojoudere
Which is all the more reason he should taste test the food before serving it to someone.... If you're not sure of your cooking, check if it's edible. Not rocket science.

Aggregator gang
@Askorti i think it's edible but maybe a bit bland and just not as tasty as he wanted... if you read the last panel he compared it to uta's cooking

Dex-chan lover
Why are the chapters so short compared to the first chapter's? is the author riding of his success or is it the opposite.

Not sure why people are complaining about this chapter. Ritsu not taste testing his porridge can be explain with simple beginner logic: "It's just a porridge." Plus, he only said the porridge is "not very good", so it's not necessarily bad, most likely just bland and still edible, hence Uta happily eat it. If this chapter had following the trope in the usual manner, she would be making a disgusting face, and Ritsu would just spit it out when he taste it.

PS. Uta is so cute as always. And, does mom look younger in this chapter than the previous ones?

Dex-chan lover
No way the mother didn't know, right? Don't they say mother's senses are sharp?

Users who are viewing this thread