Skip Beat! - Ch. 325 - Act. 324 Grand Cross of Destiny Burn the Field

Haha, Murasame must always start the fight first, doesn't he? : ) Also I love how Kyoko and Ren just stand there doing their =_= faces

Dex-chan lover
Classic hazing stuff. In general, I'd say it is unrealistic in that this time wasted is money lost to the production, so no one would do this, but this is a soap opera series of sorts, so need stupid events like this to engage the readers.

If this wasn't "on the clock" then it'd be realistic. Honestly, the lack of backgrounds in the panels from this mangaka is troubling when trying to figure out a time stamp. Is this during the day, or at night? Guessing day due to the managers and staff around.

Thinking back, night scenes are really rare. Mostly indoors too or getting into cars after work. Guess this is a trait of the story teller.

Classic hazing stuff. In general, I'd say it is unrealistic in that this time wasted is money lost to the production, so no one would do this, but this is a soap opera series of sorts, so need stupid events like this to engage the readers.

If this wasn't "on the clock" then it'd be realistic. Honestly, the lack of backgrounds in the panels from this mangaka is troubling when trying to figure out a time stamp. Is this during the day, or at night? Guessing day due to the managers and staff around.

Thinking back, night scenes are really rare. Mostly indoors too or getting into cars after work. Guess this is a trait of the story teller.
It seems that the director expected them to do it and was happy about it (reason unknown so far) so probably that's why no one stopped them.
We know it's during the day, possibly still morning, since Ren was supposed to arrive in the evening and everyone is surprised he's there early. And two chapters back Kyoko was waking up.

Supporter
It was one thing when it was the US team looking down on the JP team for being too green and starry-eyed about working with them.
But this is just a lawsuit waiting to happen and blacklisting to the whole US crew from working with anyone.
Like how the hell did they not get reported for harrasing other international teams? That would have been the first thing you would have known when looking up such absurd and costly stunts.

They do know that people are paid by the hour and shit costs money?

Lets hope we get back to more kyoko and ren or even ren past as they hinted at!

Dex-chan lover
Let's get everyone to wear a robe/pjs on the Japanese side. Sure then a until front!

Dex-chan lover

Rather than hazing, i personally find to just be racism. And I don't think its completely unrealistic. The crew is clearly divided, and the higher ups lean toward a western group. If there are any delays in shooting, they'll just blame the Japanese side, take a high ground pretending to be generously accommodating, and maybe strong arm their agencies for compensation for the delays.
This isn't impossible due to the higher ups involved, including an actual prince. The american setting is probably a hierarchy through cliques, and staying on the higher ups good side, so if they let it slide, its tacitly approved.
From my perspective at least.

Double-page supporter

I think it was in the pre-production stage, like audition or something?
And it was definitely real, you can find a lots of news about asian people get assaulted just because they’re asian. This prank was just like primary school kids jokes compare to real life event.
The rough drawings of some panel did worry me though. I know Sensei health was not good. Just wish she will getting better soon.

It’s supposed to be racism, and no, it isn’t realistic at all. You are talking about Hollywood, in California, which is super diverse (and has a very high Asian population) and where people are likely to have lots of exposure to foreigners thanks to the entertainment industry and tourism. In fact these days, Hollywood makes an effort to be as diverse as possible. If they are professional actors, they are likely to travel abroad extensively (most movies are actually not shot in CA, it’s too expensive). This kind of behavior is way too blatant and unprofessional, and it wouldn’t be tolerated on set. There isn’t actually as much anti-Asian incidents as the news makes it sound. It is a little irritating to be told that it’s racism that an Asian man was assaulted, when it might have more to do with the fact that he was at the ATM pulling out lots of cash 🙄

I also want to know how all the actors were soaked with water in a place where they could change into robes, but not get a change of clothes. Why wouldn't Moko just go with Kyoko to change?

I assume that Leo is pleased to see it because he’s hoping it leads to a confrontation that stops this nonsense once and for all. If this were real life, he simply wouldn’t cast any of these guys because they cause trouble on the set, and they would fade into obscurity. Also, I don’t think there is an actual prince here. I think they mean he’s Hollywood royalty and that’s his nickname. He’s obviously a jerk and Ren will hopefully put him down once and for all.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread