Skip Beat! - Vol. 47 Ch. 291 - Route Kingdom

@randompocky @Redice
They're talking about the project that Moko is doing with the same producer that works on Lotos (Kyoko's movie). It seems that Cedric (the guy they call "the prince"; we saw him on tv during the elevator arc lol) is also involved in the project and they speculate that Moko got hired for it because of Cedric's taste in women. Btw, Cedric is most probably Ren's cousin (it was suggested in some chapters some years ago) and possibly the bully from Ren's America days (speculation based on physical similarity). Where's this going, no idea

maxresdefault.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@randompocky

From what I understood:

The chapter begins with ren shocked at the picture Kyoko sent over text (we are assuming that the Sarah!! in his thought bubble is from his shock of seeing his mum using an alias). Yoshiro notices Ren's behavior and asked about it. The two then go on a tangent about Kyoko's and Ren's mum's similar love for princesses before moving onto a discussion about a 'secret' project called Route. It can be assumed that Ren is also a part of the project as he knows some details. We are then told that it is only an assumption that Kanae is part of the project as the production team is trying to keep everything under wraps (think Marvel movie level secrecy). However, there is one actor who bragged about his role, this 'Prince' character (who is Cedric, the guy who made an appearance a few chapters ago on the TV). The two then go on discussing about how the Prince guy has a preference for Asian beauties and how Kanae fits that preference so could it be that that Route project is what her 'American role' will be? And some other tibbits about how the directors (of the Route project and Kyoko's ninja role) are friends. We then move onto Lori at LME headquarters who has also seen the picture of Kyoko and Sarah (pictures that Kyoko took that the social media team are filing through to post on Kyoko's behalf for her media image). He is shocked because he recognizes that as Juliena - Ren's mother- who said that she would wait patiently for Ren to come back home (America). So why is she in the country (Japan)?

Hope this helps little

Edit: I just realized the dance to their tune comment could be a reference to way back in the beginning where Ren was ignorant that it was an idiom lol

Ugh, I'm actually kind of disappointed Ren's mom didn't stop herself from going to Japan and waiting for him to come to her with his own power. I mean there's still a chance she has no intention of meeting him right now which would make more sense to me.

Users who are viewing this thread