Skip Beat! - Vol. 49 Ch. 310 - Fairytale Dialogue

Dex-chan lover
Oh? OOH!

Not the progress I expected, so I'm happy.

The art in this arc is pretty solid. More detail and shading than normal. I can only guess the crew is really trying to focus on this arc, so it must be one of the more important ones. That being said, with the way this chapter ended, I can see why.

Ren looks really soft with the line work.

Also, where is the large robot panther!? I'll be upset if they have it as CGI, instead of a puppet or something. If they somehow include my favorite line of about how the knife reflects your feelings, because the more you want to kill someone, the deeper it goes, I'll be quite happy. I can't believe I'm fan(girling) about an adaption of one of my favorite comics in a comic. It'd be like playing a game that had a movie production arc (Pokemon has done this) of Everything, Everywhere, All At Once.

Thank you for the translation. I actually much prefer Japanese suffixes so I'm very happy that you made the change!
(also, since it seems that some people don't know it, there are fan translations up to chapter 318 on Skip Beat subreddit. They're worse quality than fishcake's but you can get the gist of what's going on)

Thanks for the translation. I’m also in camp “keep the honorifics”! I’ve just never seen a translation that gets the same message across as keeping the originals.

Also small note: could you increase the tracking/character spacing? It’ll make it easier to read. Though it’s not too bad as it is but it would definitely help.

Another chapter done! I made a few changes to the way I translate, I hope you all don't mind~ I really think it's for the best though ^^'
Thank-you so much for switching to honorifics! I understand why people prefer not to have them, but translations always end up awkward and lacking information and subtleties when they aren't included. It's greatly bothered me when reading the official translations, so this change is a very welcome relief. Hopefully readers who preferred the other way can get used to it quickly and continue enjoying the story.

Thanks also for working on this, it's one of my favourites and I'm really grateful to be able to read it thanks to you.

Another chapter done! I made a few changes to the way I translate, I hope you all don't mind~ I really think it's for the best though ^^'
I think its better with honorifics, because there's so much nuance to it, it explains so much. I don't undestand why people don't like them, it's more profound with them, like if people in love drop them, it HAS A MEANING. So thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread