Slave B

it shows promise at first, but the story keeps going in circles along with the MCs personality and progress. it's incredibly infuriating 2/10

Okay, author reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally need to make up their mind about whether they want Niro to be a submissive little shit slave, or a bad ass who worked his way from the literally bottom of the ladder up to the top, because this latest chapter (28) is like the eighth time the narratives flipped flopped back and forth. One chapter he’s a beta cuck kneeling pitifully and the next he’s a smooth chad standing tall and proud. I get that it was “only within the academy” but even so, this isn’t a “bidding his time” sort of situation, this is a “you f*cked my wife? ... can I watch and cry?” kind of mentality.

Okay, maybe I severely overreacted, but the story is seriously conflicting. I really enjoy the art style but the narrative is... well... there’s a lot to be desired. I’m not sure if it’s actually the author that’s indecisive or if there are editors pulling strings behind the scenes... but the story is a mess. If Niro is actually patiently bidding his time, then show us even a single panel of his determined eyes while he’s getting beat up or while he’s begging his mom’s f*cking murderer, not eyes that can easily be mistaken for a lad desperate for any kind of solution, or else he really is just a dirt sh*t character with a personality as memorable as a single molecule of water that I pissed out two nights ago.

Group Leader
Sorry, I really can't see the latest chapter, 28th, as something interesting. Rather, it's just the final nail in the coffin that speaks were in for a boring ride. The progression is super slow and it keeps going back in circle. He's still treated generally the same as before, his driving force is same as before, nothing gets resolved and just drops the issue for another plot. Should've dropped it sooner.

TOTAL WASTE OF TIME
I was so mad after reaching chapter 28. The story really goes only in circles, nobody learns anything from it and I dont get how the MC just takes it all. What the heck? All the nobles have seen him do amazing stuff but in the end he keeps getting beaten up by low lifes. When I read chapter 28 I at first assumed it was some dream he had for failing or something but no it seems to be for real. What the heck? I felt mad for my wasted time reading this.

Dex-chan lover
It's more coherent then is being made out to be. His progress isn't linear or or easy. The recent hangup he had with magic was still consistent. What he could do then was still more than what he could do when he was hiding his ability. It's just that proceeding beyond that point took more than what his character development had shown up till then. So, they had a character arc that was devoted to him thinking more about what he wanted to be. Up till then, his goals had revolved around getting him and his family up to being commoners, about becoming equal in the eyes of others. He eventually had to start thinking about what he wants to be once free and who is important to him. So, there was progression, he didn't slip backwards in terms of power or character. It's just that people latched onto the notion that he has talent for magic and assumed that that will mean he stays ahead in that area but others caught up and surpassed what he could muster with his talent and restraints.

For the mc's attitude, he does change and become more self confident as the story goes on. He learns to fend off his treatment and assert himself more. Doesn't mean he'll pick a fight with Evan over anything he mutters under his breath though he'll definitely try to best him in any match they have now.

Now, for chapter 28 that has everyone the most frustrated...I don't think it's real. It went by too fast like it's his life flashing before his eyes and it is too far detached from the route the story was going, dismissing everything he's built up. More so, the way the last panel looked on chapter 27 suggests that he might have lost consciousness. This is probably a hallucination he's having about what could go wrong with him losing everything, being reduced to just being a slave again and everyone suddenly treating him the worse than they ever had. This is probably just a look at the mc's fears, not what's actually happening, which is why it feels so disconnected.

Is Chapter 29 satisfying? Short answer, yes...? But is it enough to make up for the absolute gutwrench of a sewage cleanup that was Chapter 28? Not. In a. MILLION. Years.

I can only PRAY (and I’m not religious in the slightest) that Chapter 30 delivers some sweet, cold-hearted, steel-balled, filthy, bloody, gruesome, bone-shattering, hair-tearing, EXPLICIT on-page torture.

@revereshin sorry, but no. This author seems to fufill the idiocity that is "MC can't kill humans, because he must be the hero and redeem them with the power of friendship" bullshit.

Dex-chan lover
Is there any website that I can read this story. So far there aren't any chapters in English on this when site.

leviathan scans is doing this project iirc

unless you like 'edgy' mc don't read this, it's barely average

It's starting off quite good and promising, with a vibe of dark fantasy to it
But then it transforms into some kind of love triangle story...???!?? The dialogues, actions, motives and...everything else basically, you'll be wondering, if this is really the same manhwa that was at the start of the read.

Started off good then the MC turned into a insufferably spineless whiteknight. Love is never portrayed well in these manhwas and it becomes blatantly obvious how clueless the author is about love.

i don't if is it good or not but your just gonna pissed of reading this and i recommend reading this when 100 are made maybe then your not gonna snap

btw i'm at chap 42

Users who are viewing this thread