Slayer Volte

Fed-Kun's army
@sssr Too late, guess her name is Volte now, is this going to turn into a Guts vs Gatts debate?

Fed-Kun's army
I like the premise, but I can't help but feel that the constant jumping between characters to focus on leaves me too little time to start caring about any of them.

Dex-chan lover
@Hobnobs I vaguely recall an Amira vs. Amir debate, which is probably closer given Duralumin is doing Otoyome too.

@Duralumin Meh, let's just say that they're using the furrynazi pronunciation for names here. In any case I only realized it after seeing Borute written up there next to a pic of two Mongolian girls. Slayer Borte sounds kinda wrong, especially given the benevolent reputation of the original namesake. Volte it is.

Double-page supporter
Someone went wild with the themes list. I don't think this should have a reincarnation or magical girl tag.

Group Leader
@sssr I'll have to find a pronunciation guide or a spoken recording of the originals so I could compare for sure, but I suspect this may be a case of My Original Character with one letter changed, so it might not be exactly the same anyway. I'll look a little deeper for my own satisfaction, but it's probably overkill at this point to go back and change it so I'll just have to live tortured by the knowledge I can never atone for my sins

The Amir thing was about it sounding like a boy name without the -a conjugation, but after I looked into that, even accounting for transliteration the Japanese was still distinctively Amir and not Amira.

Definitely my favorite zombie cannibal furry manga.

Though the technological milieu in this is weird / kind of incoherent. Maybe I misread something but it seems like they discovered gunpowder within living memory - which would certainly explain why you've got soldiers who look and fight like medieval men-at-arms or steppe nomads in their territories - but all their guns are like late 19th century designs.

Really sucks that this story is no longer being translated. The raws are at 19 chapters, but only 11 chapters have been translated. I really want to know how it ends...

Pretty sure it's supposed to be Börte, not Volte. Börte was the name of Genghis khan's first wife also the name of a legendary ancestor (look up Borte chino)

Edit: apparently Börte Chino literally means gray wolf in old Mongolian

Users who are viewing this thread