Slime Saint - Ch. 13 - The Targeted Saint

Dex-chan lover
Well, they do call her the Heinous Villainess, so the heroic tone fits. Also, using dehumanizing language helps ease your conscience, kind of like in military language you don't say 'kill', but 'engage and destroy targets'.
That’s why it’s a bit interesting as it tells how they’re thinking. In comparison her butler used the word “kill” multiple times. So most likely this is someone acting in a way they see righteous instead of seeking revenge.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks! Cookies being poisoned is still kinda dumb compared to choking but i guess they needed to show more o f that shadow-y guy lol

To be fair Slime-chan was already poison immune b/c she spat it out from the og body before taking it over? unless poison would still affect her if she had some again but who knows maybe she'll get a Holy Slime power combining with her 'saint' ability

If you wanted to be very technical, it's some kind of plant-based poison. A lot of these poisons kill by blocking chemical receptors, often in the nervous system. As a human body running on slime juice with most of her physiological functions replaced by slime based ones, it's pretty reasonable to assume it won't affect her even if we don't know the full physiology of a slime.

Those poisons, like that of Nightshade, also cause gastrointestinal effects, hence the children's reaction to them, while also often tasting sweet, which is why they ate the cookies without sensing anything amiss.

Sometimes I wonder how much thought the author has put into this kind of thing. I think it's just a coincidental detail this time, but many of the past chapters have oddly on-point technical detail.

On another note, author didn't forget to make her snort out slime instead of blood, pretty funny. She was so afraid they'd notice it, when I think everyone would have assumed it was snot.

Dex-chan lover
The stuff about time running out.. what if they had received a prophecy, "Jelly must die so the true saint can descend, saving <some-up-coming-event>" so they're freaking out that she's not dead, not realizing old jelly is dead and the true saint has already arrived :win:

Dex-chan lover
Better the belly burst than poisoned cookie lost.

Actually don't slimes can change their forms freely? Why would the chief slime still have the split? Unless the hero's power prevent it from rejoining?
To show off the fact that he faced the Hero and lived :pacman:

Also the way Celes react to Jelly using saints power almost makes it sound like original Jelly was unable to use them.
Exactly what I was thinking. Original Jelly probably was so demented that the Goddess took her saint powers away. The interesting implication here is that slime Jelly is now officially recognized by the Goddess herself by letting her using holy powers, which means the Goddess is perfectly fine with a monster Saint.
Not seeing that. From their interactions it seemed like Jelly never or seldomly used her powers (unless under orders from those above her, i'd wager), hence Celes is perplexed about her using powers on "mere" orphans off her own volition.

Dex-chan lover
Actually don't slimes can change their forms freely? Why would the chief slime still have the split? Unless the hero's power prevent it from rejoining?
I mean usually battle scars are a sign of survival/honor , or maybe it gets harder to split when ur an elder lol but it def makes him look unique on top of the mustache lol
No hold on Jelly tell us more of this Slime chief who fought a hero . Like first off you had a chief??????
technically he was in chapter one tho i think he was just called 'village elder' or so

Dex-chan lover
Hear me out, this assassin will become some sort of believer to her and make her his goddess. lol

Dex-chan lover
Not seeing that. From their interactions it seemed like Jelly never or seldomly used her powers (unless under orders from those above her, i'd wager), hence Celes is perplexed about her using powers on "mere" orphans off her own volition.
I'd agree with you just based on the previous chapters. But this chapter definitely seemed to imply that at the very least Celes suspected Jelly was losing or lost the ability to use those powers. It is probably based on her belief that kind acts and praying maintain their connection, and without that, they would lose it.

It doesn't mean Celes is right. Jelly might have had the powers all along even as a tyrant, and this is just another example of how little either of them, or anybody, understand how the Saint's powers really work and where they come from.

Dex-chan lover
Slime Jelly using her saint powers to dispose of the poison biscuits :meguupog:

Users who are viewing this thread