Slime Saint - Vol. 1 Ch. 8 - My Benevolence is Not Mine

Dex-chan lover
Japanese writers seem to treat sainthood like an RPG class similar to priest/healer/white mage.
Don't know why people keep bringing this up.

How is this different from real life. The Catholic church and other christian denominations may bestow the title only posthumously, but it's an acknowledgment that the person was a saint in life, only undiscovered at the time.

This avoids the messy problems of worship of a living person.

For a fantasy world with convenient settings, there's not much reason a saint can't be recognized beforehand.

If this is about saints having powers....saints are supposed to have "powers". To be recognized as a Saint by most denominations, particularly Catholicism, the person needs to have performed 1~2 "verifiable" miracles on behalf of God (aka something supernatural) or sometimes, widespread historical record of being a prolific miracle worker is also allowed.

Saints are one of the only RPG classes with literal basis irl for their fantasy class powers. I don't think there is an official swordsman school of the "Brave Sword Slash" technique, or the Association for preservation of the Necromancer Arts.

Dex-chan lover
OK, new theory: the original saint turned evil because her parents named her Jelly Aspic.
Her parents named her Jelly. Their family name is Aspic.
Did we know her full name was Jelly Aspic before? That's pretty funny.
They never mentioned her full name like that. But in ch1, they already said that lady Jelly is the sole daughter of the noble duke family Aspic.

Dex-chan lover
Her parents named her Jelly. Their family name is Aspic.
Parents should take the family name into account when choosing a child's given name. Otherwise, you end up with embarrassing names like Benjamin Dover or Michael Hunt. This maybe isn't that bad, but Jelly still isn't a great name, and the family name makes it worse.

Parents should take the family name into account when choosing a child's given name. Otherwise, you end up with embarrassing names like Benjamin Dover or Michael Hunt. This maybe isn't that bad, but Jelly still isn't a great name, and the family name makes it worse.
Maybe they have neither Jelly, nor Aspic in that world.

Dex-chan lover
"She wouldn't reform that easy" she didn't seem scared tho so i imagine she'd either be similar or it'd imply that she's not the only 'corrupt' saint tho prolly not to the same extremes XD

Contributor
This story is using the misunderstandings to its advantage! We're supposed to use that to make drama, not solve it! This is illegal!

The birds and sunshine (unintentionally) coming in was the perfect way to sell her image as a true saint. That was funny.

I didn't expect her to heal Emma that way, but hey, it works. I wonder if she'll enter the mansion and become a maid now that she's healed. It would be nice to see a second maid who's loyal to her.

So there's more than one saint in existence in this universe. Most stories only allow one to exist at a time like the "yuusha" in other fantasy and isekai stories.

Double-page supporter
Funny how the actual human? Is more evil when she wasnt possesed by demon (monsters?) To the point it create a misunderstandings but the truth is actually opposite 😄

Dex-chan lover
I love the expressions of the Saint, they are so great.
Except for that one time on chapter 6... shudder

Users who are viewing this thread