Slime Taoshite 300-nen, Shiranai Uchi ni Level MAX ni Nattemashita - Vol. 4 Ch. 23 - Award Ceremony and The Second Dragon

I wonder what's the deal with these OP yuri harem protagonist (Azusa, Yuna) with their needs to clarify their 'straightness' to the readers😏

Dex-chan lover
To all you people hoping for a yuri harem: it ain't happening.
This is more of a CGDCT - at no point does it stop being wholesome.
They just live as one big happy family with lots of love and no lewd acts.

Pecora may have a bit of a sister complex, but Azusa handles her carefully to avoid letting her awaken any impure feelings. (As seen in the bath scene - which was left out of the manga.)

@Brutu shes like Aqua from konosuba,Kazuma got a mansion because of her,Kazuma got rich also because of her,for someone that people called useless they did actually being useful just by being useless :D

Dex-chan lover
To all you people hoping for a yuri harem: it ain't happening.

Jeez, some peoples don't understand jokes apparently. We know it's not but it's what it look like from outside.

@stewmberto @Kayriel wow some people really getting antsy because I don't like manipulative bitches, enslaving people for their entire life against their will with suicide as the only other option, and MCs having no backbone when it actually matters. It's almost like I'm a bad person or something?

Dex-chan lover
@Ultrabenosaurus

3ibryn.png

Thanks for the translation!!! Cute chapter :) Can't wait for the anime adaption to come out

First of all thanks to the good folks of Yado-Inn for all the hard work so far! It does kinda sting a little that the author is lampshading the yuri undertones and reinforcing that Azusa isn't into girls. But on the flip side we get to see jealous Leica, and she even admits to it. I'm gonna miss Pecora, she's so delightful as much of a twisted sis-con as she is... though I think much like Beelzebub, we'll be seeing her here and there still. Regarding the new fruitcake, I do wonder what role she's going to fill for the family, since there's already 3 daughters, a not-wife maid, and a gay idiot. Leica 'suggesting' the dog house is hilarious but with the order of free will, I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

Dex-chan lover
@Houdini111 @Yanrezu
In 6 LN volumes so far, I haven't seen anything that goes beyond familial love.
If a woman lives with her 3 sisters and 2 daughters, does she have a yuri harem? Even though none of them sees any of the others as anything more than family?
For this to qualify as yuri, surely someone must have romantic intentions. For it to be a harem, more than 1 of them must see the protagonist that way.
So far, she's just like everyone's elder sister in the wholesome sense. Everyone wants to be spoiled by their elder sister, but I haven't seen anyone express an interest to date her.

That's why I say, this is essentially a CGDCT, not harem. You don't see people labelling every CGDCT series as yuri or harem.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is supposed to be a wholesome series. The potential to turn it into a yuri harem may exist, but it has not been explored and will not be explored.

Now... I'm off to read Volume 7.

Dex-chan lover
@lilyuh
Nothing new. They still all just see each other as a family. One or more new minor characters turn up in each novel and some of the previous make an appearance.

As of Volume 7, the main cast is:
Azusa, Beelzebub, Falfa, Shalsha, Laika, Flatorte, Halkara, Pekora, Fatla , Vania, Fighsly, Sandra, Rosalie.
(Bold = Lives with Azusa | Italics = Not yet seen in the manga)
There are several more characters, which show up less frequently.

Being true to a CGDCT - all significant characters are female, and they're all cute.

As for relationships with Azusa:
Daughters:
Falfa & Shalsha are slime spirits born from the resentment of the millions of slimes Azusa has killed.
- They were born through Asusa's actions and have been welcomed in as her daughters.

Big Sister:
Beelzebub is the go-to person to call when trouble comes up.
- She's like a reliable big sister who's strong, knowledgeable, and always there to help.

Little Sisters:
Pecora has forcibly taken a position as Asusa's little sister through her own selfish demands.
- Being at the top of the world as the Demon King frustrates her and she wants to be subordinate to someone stronger than her. (Asusa)
- She uses this to her advantage for numerous pranks and other whimsical behaviour because it's her big sister's duty to indulge her, right?

Laika was taken on as an 'apprentice' because she wanted to become stronger.
- She is sometimes treated as a little sister because she's cute and deserves to be pampered.

Halkara was taken on as an 'apprentice' to protect her during the Beelzebub incident. She took a liking to her new life and decided to stay on after the incident was resolves.
- She's sometimes like a little sister Asuza needs to keep an eye on because she's scatterbrained always getting into trouble.

Flatorte has taken on a role as Asusa's servant due to the events of this chapter.
- Turns out all blue dragons muscle-brained idiots. She mostly competes with fellow dragon Laika in everything.
- She's sometimes like a little sister Asuza has to look out for because of her impulsive behavior.

Rosalie respects Asuza as a big sister in the manner that a delinquent looks up to her senior.

Other:
Fatla & Vania are Beelzebub's subordinates. At work, they perform the functions of her secretaries.
- They show up in the highlands as messengers, or transport, or sometimes accompanying Beelzebub or Pecora.

---
For the most part, relationships aren't strictly defined. They usually all get along like a close group of friends. Asusa refers to the group as her family, but only occasionally pampers her 'little sisters' in a sisterly manner. Aside from Pecora, who always troubles her big sister for fun.

Pekora is probably the most pushy.
She doesn't live with Azusa, but tries to monopolize her, cling to her, or cause trouble for her whenever the opportunity arises. She mostly drags Azusa into trouble with her on a whim - influenced by whatever novel has caught her fancy recently.

Her character introduction reads:
A girl with a devilish temperament who loves to use her power and influence to bewilder her subordinates and Azusa. She actually has a masochistic desire to be subordinate to someone stronger than she is, and she adores Azusa.

She's basically a prankster who causes trouble for everyone for her own amusement.
Crap! She totally got me with her wholesome I want to eat dinner with my sister on my birthday act! And I know that’s not what she’s like!
Some parts of her might be wholesome, but she was still a genuine demon king. I couldn’t forget that.
“I’ll stay here until the effects wear off… I bet you’re so happy about that, huh?! You’re so evil!”
“Well, I am the demon king. ♪”

@Koneko_Nyaa
Yeah I also get red when I think about my sister and complains why she didn't come in my room and fucked me yet

That's why I say, this is essentially a CGDCT, not harem. You don't see people labelling every CGDCT series as yuri or harem.

Dude we get it you thinks yuri means hardcore tribbing /onscreen spit swapping. Obviously some one like you wouldn't get the idea of a cgdct becoming yuri or exploring the themes of harem and yuri while staying wholesome. A wholsesome/gore or anything you say can be harem or Yuri. A series can explore many different of themes while staying true to its core.

Dex-chan lover
@Yanrezu After 7 volumes with no romance, I can confidently say it's not headed in that direction.

Asusa specifically avoids romance: She mentions that she has no-one that she likes in that way and isn't looking for one. She has has no interest in dating or marriage.
She's immortal, so she will outlive any partner. She also doesn't believe herself capable for keeping that king of relationship for hundreds of years. She absolutely doesn't want to go through a cycle hundreds of relationships/marriages. She only lives for her own enjoyment and cares for her friends (family). Romantic relationships probably won't withstand the test of time like familial bonds will. After all, when you get too close, the kind of disagreements that are acceptable in a family can tear lovers apart.

Since she arrived in this world alone with no parents or siblings, the other characters take the role of the family she never had.

As far as genres go:
Harem = Where a protagonist is surrounded by three or more love interests or sexual partners of the opposite sex.
-- Yup, definitely not a harem. They are neither love interests, nor sexual partners, nor the opposite sex. (0/3)
Yuri = Japanese term for content and a genre involving lesbian relationships.
-- Yep, there's none of that either. At no point is it ever expressed or implied that any of the characters swing that way.

Pecora might be misconstrued to be seeking romance, but for her it's really about:
- Being subordinate to someone stronger than she is. Something otherwise impossible for the Demon King.
- Having someone to play with who will forgive her devilish pranks.
- Having a role-play partner for her fantasies from the novels she reads.
Being Asusa's little sister satisfies those desires.

You're just seeing what you want to see when there's no there there.

Users who are viewing this thread