Slime Taoshite 300-nen, Shiranai Uchi ni Level MAX ni Nattemashita - Vol. 5 Ch. 27 - Azusa vs. Beelzebub (Part 2)

Dex-chan lover
@FrogheadFlan Toxic behaviour? For what? Calling out idiots that were insulting people for being dissatisfied with a bad translation? That don't want another good series to be stuck with poor translations for years to come or forever?

Calling us "haters" is pathetic, lol. Even the minimal effort guy understood my comment and agreed.

He understands that the only reason this pissed me off is because once a translation has been posted for a chapter on a big site like this one, there's a VERY good chance we're stuck with it, whether bad or good.

Most translation groups will only glance at mangas they want to translate to see if the work has already been done. If it seems legible, even barely, they'll almost always give it a pass. This is even when you have a group like SSSSS that loves to piss people off by sniping a series and posting chapters with constant spoilers. Other groups will simply glance at the manga, see that it has an okay or better translation, and move on. So now nyanko days is fucking ruined because SSSSS translated the whole thing and wrote spoilers on almost every chapter. Now we're just praying that the guy who decided to post his own translation (knowing what SSSSS did) despite the "work being done" translates the rest of the story, or that another team takes the torch. This may take years or just never be done, despite the series being done for a while now.

This is why I got super pissed that a group that knowingly does minimal effort made a post like this. I was thinking "you know it's minimal effort, then why make the post??" Which made me think they were assholes who didn't care. Thankfully, I was wrong and the dude even agreed with me.

Dex-chan lover
@anom3139 I'm really glad you understand and please don't make chapter posts like that anymore, especially when it's not your group. I think most of us rather wait longer for better translations. This is because the first post on a site like this one for any chapter usually ends up as THE ONLY translation. So if it's subpar or terrible, it's EXTREMELY LIKELY we're stuck with it for awhile or forever since most other groups will look at this and think "the job is done and/or taken."

This is why I stopped reading kuma kuma kuma bear months ago, because the one who picked up the latest chapters at that time is terrible to the point where it's difficult to understand what's going on, even for native speakers. Thankfully there's an official translation, but it's EXTREMELY far behind.

@Toon_Jay
@monster_lurker

Wait, if the biggest issue now is that @minimaleffort is unfortunately not a good translator group, what if they become better and improve their quality starting from the next chapter?
What if they become as good as potatofood, ShimizuA etc worthy of uploading at Mangadex? Of course it’s voluntarily for now, but should they really be unwelcome here just from this one impression?

@minimaleffort is already putting in maximum effort and looking for new ways to be better.
https://www.reddit.com/r/KillingSlimes/comments/k3bljd/slime_taoshite_chapter_28_communitywide/
(Semi-serious) @Toon_Jay, from their subreddit you can even personally “judge” if the next chapters are good enough to be posted here.
https://www.reddit.com/r/min_effort_group/

Also, if @monster_lurker fixes the current chapter, it appears that I can edit the current uploaded chapter to a better version?
I wasn’t planning to use this account too much, but at least I can do that just once more.

Dex-chan lover
pictures so grainy you can sand stuff with it lol

no seriously this is the first time i've seen a color spread that grainy. just...how?

i want to applaud you for this good quality when -as you said- you dont understand japanese.
thanks for your work.

Group Leader
These recent chapters are poorly translated and in god-awful quality. The broken english is really taking me out of this.

Users who are viewing this thread