Slow Motion wo Mou Ichido - Vol. 6 Ch. 50 - You Are Shining Brightly Now

Group Leader
Their star is shining brightly, but is that a shadow creeping up behind them?

For all the "shining" that she's supposed to be showing right now, I still feel like fundamentally, Yakushimaru has [still] not really changed. I guess we'll see if she stands up to her mother in the last few chapters.

The other guys are going to start noticing Yakushimaru because love makes a girl beautiful

Fed-Kun's army
guys she said the line!

also as another commenter said, nothing has changed. She's still a pos for what she's done for the last 30 chps or so.

Dex-chan lover
She's still unlikable. And I guess it's time for the mother to come and either make her more unlikable or redeem herself.

Aggregator gang
+1 to the list of manga that the main couple has to hide it from everyone... ;/

Group Leader
@Xeredge
They don't really need to hide their relationship

But who would be more embarrassed if it was known? Yakushimaru because she's always been a loner and has no other friends in school and the attention would embarass her or Ootaki because he's afraid he'd lose his other friends if they knew that his girlfriend was that girl?

uly

Fed-Kun's army
The song mentioned in this chapter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTTpeERnIDI

Double-page supporter
Can't believe people are being mean to Yakushimaru :(

----------------------------------------------

@FredFriendly Things might change for Ootaki soon, I mean I doubt Matsumoto wouldn't be chill about it. Still the girl he's friends with might stir up some drama, but it'd be nice if she could make friends with Yakushimaru

@laiseran It's because of how bad of a person she has shown herself to be. She was selfish; she turned down Ootaki when he asked her to date him yet she got extremely jealous and slapped him when he had another [female] friend with whom he shared an interest in 80s stuff. During that part, she literally said that him sharing that interest with someone other than her was bad. During the group project, despite the repeated attempts by the classmate to try to work together in a fairly reasonable way, she refused to even try to cooperate for the longest time.

We haven't seen any other kind of excuse, so the only explanation we had to go off of is her shyness. That's a very bad reason for all of her bad actions. Here, I feel like she hasn't even really changed at all, although time will tell. Like, why did she suddenly decide that now is a good time to accept her feelings for Ootaki? Because she overcame her shyness? The most obvious event is that Ootaki stopped obsessing over her and started interacting with his other classmates more, so she felt more left out and isolated. That's a bit horrible if true.

Double-page supporter
@nbhstcqbvvpmacjrmv
I mean she's a teenager who obviously has some kind of parental issues, it's really not unreasonable to think that she hasn't sorted her feelings out yet. Its a bit much to talk about her being a Bad Person who does Bad Things.

I don't think she was completely correct about slapping Ootaki, but you have to understand that the 80s stuff is, from her perspective, their special connection. For Ootaki to sing a song like that with another girl out of nowhere seems like a direct insult to her. Ootaki wasn't exactly in the wrong at that moment, but he wasn't exactly being incredibly considerate in those chapters.

In terms of the project, she's a shy girl and Ootaki and his friend are both pretty extroverted and know each other well. She also likes Ootaki and is awkward around him. She's also never spoken to him around his friends and Ootaki is rather awkward and opposed about that idea as well. Of course she isn't going to just be instantly comfortable.

The reason for her changing now is not that she is jealous of Ootaki talking to other people or something. Its because Ootaki grew up and acted more maturely instead of constantly worrying about what Yakushimaru thought of him. He's also a bit less concerned about the possibility of his friends finding out about Yakushimaru or his love of the 80s.

Its incredibly obvious that she became more attracted to him because of that. There's loads of panels where it's just Ootaki casually doing something cool and her blushing about it. Ootaki matured, so she had to as well.

Users who are viewing this thread