Slow Motion wo Mou Ichido

Dex-chan lover
Yakushimaru has no right to a boy she's not in a relationship with or a song she never sang with him. She's incredibly selfish and jealous and it's a really bad look for her.

Dex-chan lover
Another disappointment. It's so hard to make a simple and direct romance?
Only good thing about Yakushimaru is her looks, what imbecile girl.

What the actual fuck... he's not a damn mind reader lol, I get that the song is special to her, but still what she did is a huge overreaction, it still would be even if they were dating

Dex-chan lover
I really hope this doesn't end with Ootaki apologizing to her because, c'mon. She slapped him, over literally nothing. Karaoke is a social activity that's completely fine to do (platonically) with friends and coworkers. It's the equivalent of an American girl slapping a guy who went bowling with another girl. They weren't even put in a manufactured dramatic set-up, like if she had fallen into his arms or something. This is a pretty weak plot twist.

Dex-chan lover
@CosmicWitch or yknow. yakushimaru escaped into this old world trying to cope with what was happening in her life at the time and finally found a kindred spirit in ootaki. him saying it wasnt a big deal was a slap right back at her.

Fed-Kun's army
Calm down girl, you act like you caught him have steamy hot sex with another girl when it's just a fucking song. My dude better not being a bitch and apologise to her.

Dex-chan lover
I had already declared my disappointment with this story at Batoto.
Mangaka makes mistakes and REFUSES to learn from them.

I'll agree that the drama in this is tiresome & senseless. But I'll go out on limb & assume that's the whole point; these are two people going through puberty, & being a teenager means tiresome, senseless drama that you don't know how to deal with. Throwing love in the mix just cranks things up to 11. But I do really hope we get some decent resolution in the next few chapters

Dex-chan lover
As bastek66 says. We should remember that the reason she's not already dating him in the first place is, she's been raised not to trust men. She's going to be predisposed by her background to look at things men do through a negative lens. Also, she's so gorgeous we tend to forget, but she's a socially isolated type; even though she's the one who turned him down, she's actually more dependent on him than the reverse. So no, she's not being reasonable, but it's very much appropriate to her character to NOT be reasonable.

Group Leader
Setting aside all the drama for the moment, I just "read" the latest raw chapter (54), and I gotta say that Yakushimaru-chan's mom...
is a stunningly beautiful version of a grown-up Yakushimaru-chan, certainly the most attractive woman in the series so far. Considering how dowdy she has looked up until chapter 54, it was quite a surprise (or should I say shock) to see just how beautiful she is when she takes off her glasses. Yakushimaru-chan definitely got her looks from her mom (pretty much a carbon-copy), and she may be very cute and adorable right now as a teenager, but she, too, will become and incredibly beautiful woman in the future.

Man I really miss the "featured 80's music every chapter" thing in the earlier chapters
used to read this with the chapter's song on loop

i get the immaturity and insecurity. but oh boy, it's a weak saucenario. it would've been better if she eavesdropped to them talking about retro stuff. that would've some weight.

Dex-chan lover
This is... vastly less dumb than I expected from the description. It's really quite decent! Also, somehow 80's fashion drawn with a modern art style works really quite well.

Also, how do y'all not understand the slap? Something that she considered special, and something she thought was special to them together, is suddenly being shared out with some other person (without her involvement, and that other person being someone she's already sort of jealous of). I remember how I thought in high school, and I would have had an identical emotional reaction - maybe not with a slap, but the same worried and upset feelings. And I'm a dude.

Users who are viewing this thread