So I'm a Spider, So What? - Vol. 10 Ch. 46.1

the fight is so intense
ugh
can't wait for more
she's an unreliable narrator so I doubt she doesn't have an ace up her sleeve

thanks for the updates

Dex-chan lover
So good. That's how you create tension, that's the right narrative, choreography and tactics for an intense battle. I'm not even pissed because of the cliffhanger, which I normally hate with passion. That's how good this trap was. So surprising, So terrific. Soooo good.

(Can somebody tell me, if the threat mimicry has been mentioned before? I can't remember, but it would be awesome, if that trap would have been laid out from the beginning.)

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
Mother can use Godzilla Earth's Super Oscillatory Wave? She's so powerful!

@Qelix
Kumoko herself made countless traps using barely visible threads. She just got too full of herself because of difference in stats, since Mother now is at level of Arch taratect whom she can kill with easy.

@Kaarme
It will be explained later on why Kumoko makes very poor life choices later on. Spoiler below:

It is revealed later on by the Demon Lord that Pride makes the user not only see everything and everyone as exp, but that the user doesn't realize their own limits. Couple this with Sloth, which makes the user overwork themselves, and you have the reason Kumoko does many silly things.

@aumakua
I thought jp likes to put the day follwed by the month... guess I might be mixing it with some other region

page 4 and 5 combined
comb.jpg

Dex-chan lover
I know the 7 deadly sins fuck with the mind, but she found out that stats don't matter too much if the enemy has far more combat experience, skills and skill points. Skills are what increase damage, resistance, mobility and possible strategies. stats just dictate difference in raw power

Aggregator gang
@Liquidxlax Victory disease is a thing. Kumoko seems to have fancied herself as already having stacked the deck far enough in her favour that mopping up Mother would be a relatively simple and straightforward affair, and overlooked the minor detail the big spider can make war plans too and has the homefield advantage to boot. (Being high on "Pride", "Sloth" and "Gluttony" probably isn't helping any.)

Back in WW2 the Imperial Japanese military was really fond of this kind of complacently assuming the other side would just diligently do what their fancy plans assumed, too.
It went really poorly for them.

Though I suppose in her defense Kumoko hasn't actually fought too many things that can actively plan strategy - mostly just things that more or less amount to "clever animals" (some of the dragons are the main exception I can think of off the top of my head). Having someone or something pre-empt her moves with traps upon traps of their own is pretty new territory for her and now she's in the deep end of the pool with the floats taken off.

Dex-chan lover
@Risuzu
doesn't she already have heresy nullification at this point? In at least one version of the story, she tells
wraith and vampy
that they need it to prevent their ruler skills from effecting their souls

Group Leader
That is for just going full BANZAI!!!! instead of taking into account that okaa-sama knows always knows best.

Users who are viewing this thread