So I'm a Spider, So What? - Vol. 8 Ch. 39.2

Dex-chan lover
. . .oh S**t she duped them quick eat her head maybe that will slow her down

@Anish_Agarwal

Ariel is the current Demon King and the Origin Taratect, progenitor of all spider monsters in the world, which technically makes her Kumoko's grandmother. She is going to be the main plot driver for the next 10 LN volumes or so, so we are going to see a lot of her from now on.

Double-page supporter
@riger her main nest is on one of the lowest floors but the nest with the younger spiders wich these looked like to be is the upper floor.

Dex-chan lover
@mbos14
She only has one nest because she's literally too large to move up a floor.
Also gotta remember that her eggs are apparently born at the lowest level, normally. Look at Kumo. She had tons of brothers and sisters that were all the same as her incredibly weak starter self.

Supporter
Big Mother is watching you.

wRj0v0P.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@mbos14 @riger You've also got to consider how huge she is, she's much much much bigger than Kumo and Kumo is at LEAST 5 to 6 feet tall(or about humanoid sized). So if the lowest floor is say, 600 feet or so underground and she is 50+ft tall it might look small when you see it from the perspective of that massive spider.

Supporter
@Karkeys
That was my understanding. Which is why I thought she was insane in the membrane to take on that dragon without their assistance.

Wait. Did the Mother get out of the dungeon in the WN ? As I recall, we did not hear anything from it before the contact with
Ariel.

@Riger
There are passages that are big enough for Mother to pass through, and she moves from layer to layer from time to time, to hunt or to lay eggs.

Kumoko was born on the Upper layer of the labyrinth, not the lowest one. Mother lays her eggs there because that's the only layer where newborn spiders are able to hunt and catch prey, they won't be able to survive on deeper levels.

Local little spider fucks entire humanity and you're basically a loser, click here to find out why

Dex-chan lover
@Leo80221
The tunnel down where she fought the hornets alone was measured in KILOMETERS. And that was just one floor to another. She fought the monkeys from several hundred feet up a single wall. Deep actually means DEEEEEEEEEP here.
The labyrinth she's in is literally the largest on the entire world she was sent to. And its so wide that it spans from one continent, across/under an ocean, to another continent.
"50 feet" is absolutely nothing to those kinds of distances.

Users who are viewing this thread