So I'm a Spider, So What? - Vol. 9 Ch. 42.2

Fed-Kun's army
@BloodySorcerer You mentioned she's both good and evil/neither good nor evil. Now you mention you cannot see her actions as evil. Don't these two statements contradict each other?

Also, "commit dubious actions to do proper good", doesn't make sense to me. If it causes 'proper' good, how would this action be dubious? If it's a dubious action, why would it do 'proper' good? What's the difference between 'proper' good and regular good?

What do you mean she does the right thing as her actions solve problems they were made to deal with? If my neighbour is annoying me, and I decide to shoot them, does that mean that I'm doing the right thing because my action solved the problem it was made (meant?) to deal with? I don't see how purpose justifies actions.

Dex-chan lover
@criver this is from the light novel, from what iv read. right now kumo is also being fed false information.

imma throw some spoilers down
because the class total is incorrect in that kumo is actually not one of the students but was inside the classroom when the hero and demon king shattered reality. originally this was caused not just from them trying to hunt down D but was also cause during them clashing in a fight that caused the ripple effect to lash out into a different dimension.

with that being the reason as someone pointed out that the cover is actually D and not kumo this is also correct but also incorrect.

that appearance is both kumo's forced thought up appearance caused by D and is the fake human appearance of D. kumo was infact made by D in advance to do something exceedingly dangerous to exceed and then be integrated back into D. but Kumo became to self aware and could not be integrated back so now D is planning around this to keep her goal going.

if you want a more exact spoiler just ask. im trying to stay vague with the hints.

@Kuroku
Web novel reader here, I thought it was an attack they both did towards an administer, but it was Black instead of D, the goddess was the one that redirected the strike towards D. Sorry if that was a spoiler for you.

@BloodySorcerer
D is 110% evil. She had enough power to save the planet without creating the system, she just made the system because she was bored and wanted entertainment.

Fed-Kun's army
hmm ....

hmmmmmmmm

when the demon king and the hero is out to get your ass.............hmmmmmmmmm yep you're evil alright lmao

Fed-Kun's army
@Huichelaar That's because you're only thinking on the surface.
"Now you mention you cannot see her actions as evil. Don't these two statements contradict each other?"
No, they don't, If she is both good and evil, it means that she is neutral she has both sides so she belongs to neither.

"Also, "commit dubious actions to do proper good", doesn't make sense to me. If it causes 'proper' good, how would this action be dubious? If it's a dubious action, why would it do 'proper' good? What's the difference between 'proper' good and regular good?"
Simple, it's believed that manipulation and murder are evil actions, but you can use both actions to do good.

Example: by removing a dangerous element who was trying to kill a politician behind a motion that will improve the health sector making services cheaper and more accessible. Imagine that you only just seen the murdered aiming his gun at the head of the politician, you don't have the number of his bodyguards, you cannot call police because the politician will die by the time police arrives, but you have your own gun.

Or, in case of manipulation, you can convince someone stuborn who don't usually accept help from anyone, to do something for you, but as a matter of fact this "something" will actually help them instead. Because you know they are going through a hard phase and need the extra help.
You used evil to do proper good. Regular good would be good actions leading to good results.

"What do you mean she does the right thing as her actions solve problems they were made to deal with? If my neighbour is annoying me, and I decide to shoot them, does that mean that I'm doing the right thing because my action solved the problem it was made (meant?) to deal with? I don't see how purpose justifies actions." Purpose can justify actions so long as the "purpose" comes from an objective, valid reason. Imagine someone invaded your house and threatened to kill your family, shooting the guy would be considered a crime if not for the purpose bihind your actions. You injured him because if you didn't it would be your family the ones ot be hurt. It'ss because purpose can justify actions that certain exceptions were added to the law.

Nice to see the story in this getting towards the meat but the lack of side stories seems detrimental rn.

Fed-Kun's army
guys...
actually the title is a big spoiler for this story, if you read the novel, you'll understand what i mean...

Fed-Kun's army
@BloodySorcerer

No, they don't, If she is both good and evil, it means that she is neutral she has both sides so she belongs to neither.

Yes, but then you can't go back on that and call her not evil.

by removing a dangerous element who was trying to kill a politician behind a motion that will improve the health sector making services cheaper and more accessible. Imagine that you only just seen the murdered aiming his gun at the head of the politician, you don't have the number of his bodyguards, you cannot call police because the politician will die by the time police arrives, but you have your own gun.

By killing this person, either you are committing a good deed, or an evil one, not an evil deed with a good result/a good one with an evil result. I can understand calling the action good or calling it evil, but calling it good in spirit, evil in execution or evil in spirit, but good in execution, seems completely contradictory to me. Do you believe that the person who shot here did a good thing or a evil thing?

On second thought, I see your point now. Bad things can still lead to good outcomes. I guess I was just afraid we were heading into an "end-justifies-the-means" kinda mindset.

Purpose can justify actions so long as the "purpose" comes from an objective, valid reason. Imagine someone invaded your house and threatened to kill your family, shooting the guy would be considered a crime if not for the purpose bihind your actions. You injured him because if you didn't it would be your family the ones ot be hurt. It'ss because purpose can justify actions that certain exceptions were added to the law.

I'm sorry, but there's nothing objective about the law. What is or is not a valid reason is entirely subjective. People/law will either judge this action to be evil or to be good, depending on the context.

Group Leader
@Kuroku

I'm 99% that this isn't true:
kumo was infact made by D in advance to do something exceedingly dangerous to exceed.

Specifically:
do something exceedingly dangerous.

Kumo is literally just a decoy that D made to slack off. There was nothing dangerous about her creation. What she becomes in the end is just a pleasant surprise/accident.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@nuuh5 You mean both the LN and the manga? You can do that, but due to the aforementioned missing content in the manga, the LN would be the better choice imo, especially if you plan to invest some money by buying the volumes. The manga is more of a supplement that can add to certain scenes by having visuals (Alaba's last moments were probably the greatest highlight of the manga so far imo).

@glassguy

Thanks for tye heads-up. I was so confused as to wtf is going on with the story as to what is with the elf village something. I'll start over then.

Dex-chan lover
So the manga follows the chronological order except
the scene of the demon lord and its subordinate meeting about the war

@Grenzoocoon

I'm really hoping the side stories can et more attention at some point, because while the main story was of course the centerpiece of the original, the side stories were the all important meat that fleshed out all of the different parts of the story that would otherwise seem to be looked over/biased. Once the other classmates get introduced, the presence or absence of those side stories beforehand could shape completely different characters to those in the original source from the perspective of readers of the manga

Users who are viewing this thread