So I'm a Spider, So What? - Vol. 9 Ch. 42.2

Dex-chan lover
@alidan

I disagree. It does make for 1-dimensional and uninteresting characters. There's nothing interesting in a character that lacks actual tangible motivation, and instead you are fed the low-effort "bored/entertainment" excuse for a premise. It's simply not interesting - actual writers will tell you it is not, sufficient experience reading better works (including better manga) should lead to the same conclusion.
It is also unrealistic - this bored character has no reason to overload the MC with OP skills and whatnot - if anything that takes away from the entertainment. It's like watching a movie/reading a book where the MC has plot armour. Or playing a game with godmode enabled - it takes away from the entertainment. So the character's motivation is not even consistent with her actions.
Anyways, this won't get better from me talking about it.

Well this chapter forgot to mention that both the hero and demon king died afrer the attack and Kumo got
birth 6 months before all her classmates.

@criver
So the character's motivation is not even consistent with her actions.
Why not go further and just admit that if it really is not consistent with her actions, she may not necessary be telling the truth here.

Fed-Kun's army
@criver
you are looking at it the wrong way.
It's very realistic, you want to watch a character struggle and overcome... this is a story and unless said character can be brought back to life, they are never going to die so why make hundreds of chapters of struggle when you know damn well they will succeed and instead just get to the parts you actually want to read. Imagine you are this god, you gave a spider god like powers and you get to watch it STILL struggle, and likely hearing inside their head, you can listen to their struggles against the powers all the while knowing exactly what everything is. the who thing is a comedy that can only get more boring by given them less. if the spider had less this would only be a boring life or one filled with actual 'i'm going to die and nothing is saving me' situations.

Sit back, watch your cute dog do cute things, and laugh when it decides 50lbs of dog will fit into a 5lb bag

@linkhuesitos15
She got a head start because for a human to grow up and be useful it takes decades but for a spider, egg to useful is a hell of alot faster, hell most animals its a lot faster. it's not so much she was born before, its that they were all reincarnated at the same time and she came out useful faster.

@alidan
That's not entirely true.
Human reincarnators are weak because they lived a life of stagnation. Sophia started to train before being 1 year old and become the strongest being in the system only after Ariel.

Kunihiko and Asaka would be the strongest humans if it wasn't for Shun and his OP Hero Skill.

Dex-chan lover
@Lazybum
I am more inclined to chalk it up to bad writing considering my experience with isekai. I have lost my trust in isekai writers being able to write - that is not to say that I do not get pleasantly surprised occasionally, but for this particular case I do not think this is it.

@alidan By all metrics our MC feels OP to me at this point. Maybe it's just me, but I prefer a story where the MC is not overloaded and has to have some creativity and skill (not as a collectible) to persevere. Think Goblin Slayer for example.

Dex-chan lover
@criver
The fact we all read ahead and we all say she is lying about it... maybe means she actually is lying? Or are you saying 10 strangers on the internet all decided to lie to you at the same time about her motivations?

@criver
This story actually has one of the more intricate plots I've read, not just among web/light novels, but regular books as well. There's an entire untold storyline, which I won't spoil, which serves as the administrators' motivation. MC does become more OP, but she becomes more of a plot device later, with other characters taking up the limelight

Dex-chan lover
@starburst98

Or are you saying 10 strangers on the internet all decided to lie to you at the same time about her motivations?
You can differentiate between an assumption and something that actually happens in the source material I believe. I simply have no good reason to trust your assumptions, since none was provided. Whether a hundred or a thousand people believe the same thing is irrelevant, if none can present an objectively good reason for those beliefs.

@VermillionOcean
Please do spoil it for me, since I am getting different input from 4 different people - use spoiler tags though.

Dex-chan lover
@linkhuesitos15 do they reeincarnate as newborn or in their teen bodies? You'd think one would see reason to go all out in a new life.. i certainly would not want my body again

Fed-Kun's army
@criver knowing what happens later on, unless the ln changed it
not nearly as op as you think at this moment
but honestly I get sick of stories where you know damn well they won't kill the main character unless they have an ass pull to continue, I find stories tend to be more interesting about how the powerful live their lives, seeing as I am so sick of reading about how the weak became powerful in systems that never let them truly fail.

Fed-Kun's army
starburst98 well, not everyone i think
goblin conceive and grow much faster than human so Wrath (Kyouya) should be a grown goblin by now

Users who are viewing this thread