So I'm a Spider, So What? - Vol. 9 Ch. 45.1

@conscript117
Mother
Yes, she does. After getting rid of the puppets and Mother' stats decrease substantially Kumoko goes to fight Mother.

Demon King
Nope. After some events Kumoko and Ariel decide to direct their hate toward certain Shity Elf.

Water is the safest choice. If she use lava, she has to do both storage magic to bring out the lava AND space magic to get the hell out of there before she gets roasted. But that's impossible at the current kumo because:
1. she has to maintain the storage magic to pour the lava. If she stops, the puppets just have to destroy the earth blockade to get the hell out of there.
2. She might not be able to cast space magic if her concentration is disrupted especially since
3. There's no magic in charge 1 & 2 so she cannot do multitasking as better as she was before.
4. Fire is taratect's natural enemy. Remember in the earlier chapter, even the greatest of taratect species, Demon King Ariel, the origin of Taratect, only has flame resistance lv 5, while she has nullification or super resistance against other elements. Even though Kumoko has immortality, it's still too risky.

So many people with suicide thoughts experted Kumoko to also kill herself by pouring lava in a small enclosed space with her back against the wall and the exit on opposite side guarded by 6, weapon-wielding, 10K stats monsters... Sure, it's a way to deal with her immortality skill permanently (carbonized and then hardened in lava), but certainly not to kill her enemies and come out alive.

@Brutu
I'm surprised that no one else has thought about the possibility of the Spiders being able to abandon the puppet shell.

Lava is slower than water the puppet just need to open a little hole and if their bodies catch fire the spider just leave the puppet to escape through the hole.

@Morsealworth
Through a hole the puppets can open on the wall.
The point of Kumoko using water is to keep the puppets away from the thin rock wall that Kumoko created to seal the path.
Lava is slower than water that gives the puppet enough time to just break the wall and escape.

@Kocheng102
Volume 4 - The recurring enemy of the weak get defeated right away (i think)

Personally I think you should start from the beginning in the Light Novel. The manga skips all the chapters from the other reincarnated students that are an essential part of the world building.

Dex-chan lover
page 13 : i think a more better translation would be : sorry , but i have no intention to fight you fair-and-square .

@hypernova911 My guess is that it works kinda like a lot of spells in D&D. There is the limitation of "object that isn't worn or carried". It basically doesn't let you store other people's shit and things that are still alive.

@PokWan
There's an inconsistency about teletransportation between the Novel and Manga.
In the Novel teletransportation instantly moves you from one place to another. Meanwhile the manga portrays it as a gate.

Also after a certain point all the monsters have Dimensional Maneuvering which is the skill that allows the user to jump midair. Usual Tararects (Greaters and Archs) have more problems to use it, the bigger the monster the more MP the skill use and less time the surface last. But the puppets are smaller so they can use it effectively.

Dex-chan lover
@starburst98 @sephtis then you mean she has shrunk as there was a picture in the early chapters showing her being 3m long and standing nearly as tall as and adult male. Like she is as big as a grizzly bear or polar bear imo at least around her first evolution

Users who are viewing this thread