Sokushi Cheat ga Saikyou Sugite, Isekai no Yatsura ga Marude Aite ni Naranai n desu ga

Double-page supporter
This manga is really damn bad. It is cliche enough to make MC overpowered but to make it worse, that power isn’t even that interesting. Expect lack of any climatic action scene in this manga with that dumb insta-death skill. MC also lacks personalities to differ him from being a background character.

There was some potential behind the inconvenience his power brings, like becoming completely vilified and infamous for killing too much, being hunted by so many monsters that he wouldn't be able to sleep for days and pass out, being befriended by someone, who then gets brainwashed and he doesn't want to kill... Even getting nuked from afar so he can't use his power or something. But it seems the author has no intention of making this remotely interesting, clearly intentionally.

@ayeros he was able to detect killing intent that wasnt directed at him during the sage fight, so killing him from afar without him noticing it is not possible i believe. And since he was able to kill ice, which already sounds stupid, do you believe he couldnt be able to counter a nuke? We also dont know the possibilities of his ability, maybe he can kill space itself, or time around an area.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
MC is so OP that I am not going to say this manga is bad.

Chances are I would die too.

@Ayreos Since he can kill metaphysical concepts, it's impossible to have interesting weaknesses. Become vilified? Kill the public opinion of him being a villain. Infamous? Kill the infamy. Constant monsters? Monsters function like animals, so even they understand the concept of fight/flight. If they only come one at a time, then it's not exhausting at all. If a whole pack goes after MC, then they will run since instant death causes disarray. He can also instant kill groups. Doesn't want to kill someone who is brainwashed? Kill the brainwash. Nuked from afar? Kill the nuke.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Group Leader
> Translation notes gives the chapter number the manga chapter corresponds to

delle, yo da real MVP!

That's cool actually, so the guys are have cheat skills to but MC has the most op one

The concept of this manga sure is something...
But I can't help but enjoy it. Mostly because it's a lot of people straight-up underestimating the MC and immediately regretting it.

I’ve read the novel, it’s even worse. The author tries to fulfill his power trip fantasy that Japanese people have because they are so oppressed by their own societal norms. They portray the people who have actual goals and human like motivations with villain like thoughts x10 because they stray from Japanese societal norms. It’s a fucking joke how common this is, and the protagonist has the cookie cutter average Japanese guy that doesn’t have opinions on anything. Nothing of note happens here you need to read about.

Contributor
Calling this one bad would be a insult for manga with bad story.
This is thrash.
And not even the good kind of thrash. Well, guess we can't complain because it's free here.

Fed-Kun's army
This is screamingly funny. I feel like the author just has a checklist of isekai protag powers he's running down, and the MC is just getting to wreck them all by turns.

@Siquall
@mustardhobo

I haven't read the novel, so I only know what's happened through the current manga chapter.

Sure, if you look at it as a standard isekai, it's one more "but I was the one who got the cheat power!" fest.

But if you look at it as a commentary on the isekai genre in general (and perhaps some specific ideas and subgenres - does Mr. Dominator seem familiar? He seems like the protagonist of half the 'slave isekai' I've read - just accumulating a stereotypical slave harem. Seriously, look at the panel where they're introduced: you could erase the dialogue and anyone would believe he was the protagonist, because it's the standard tsundere, loli, dark skinned blonde, elf ears, etc. isekai fetish slaves/harem lineup), it's fantastic so far: the even-more-bland-than-usual MC with an even more bullshit cheat ability than usual is just fucking up a laundry list of isekai cheat-skill protags as if to say "what, your author thought your skills were hot shit and you were good wish fulfillment? Nah. You're a dumb bastard and your genre is shit."

Just everything about this screams it's a deliberate parody/pastiche of the state of the genre. (For instance, the motherfucker who built a Tokyo-style metropolis after getting isekai'd, and how everyone and their dog talks about classes and levels.)

I mean, the series starts with a guy being impaled by a dragon's cock. This thing doesn't want you to take it seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread