Solo Bug Player - Ch. 24

almost feel a little bad for the demon king dude, all his top brass are going to be either recruited or killed by MC

Fed-Kun's army
*sees translator’s homophobic remark* I’m not sure I want to continue reading this now. 😑

Double-page supporter
@Anra7777

From that alone, the translator is not homophobic, and I say this as a non-straight black man married to a transwoman, so none of that internalized blah blah bullshit here. It's just a part of speech that should be looked over.

I'm sure you've called stuff 'dumb' in your life, should we take it that you've insulted mute people? 'Dumb' is another word, in common speech, for a person who can't speak.
It's people like you overreacting to the wrong thing that makes everyone else look down on the struggle the rest of us are undergoing to be fucking taken seriously. If you touchy SJW-types never existed the masses would have been more accepting of the LGBT community.

It's very easy to tell when someone's just abusing 'comedy' to be a bigot and get away with it, and this is not one of those cases. Leave it alone and get back to reading the story or get out the proverbial door.

Fed-Kun's army
@Anra7777 I mean, I say "That's fucked" quite often, am I referring to something that has had something penetrating it? No, I'm using a word that has a paper definition different than the used definition.

Dex-chan lover
Man , snowflakes getting offended by the very smallest things sure is a sight to be hold . Well anyways ,this series is still interesting and is satisfying my power fantasy crave,hope them snowflakes doesnt ruin this by bullying the translation team behind this .w.

Fed-Kun's army
@kayriel @zinon
Words do matter. I actually usually don’t call things “dumb,” but if I did, I would mean the definition meaning “stupid,” not the definition meaning “mute person,” just as I don’t assume that when someone says “that’s gay,” they mean “that’s happy.” Yes, the original definition of “gay” is “happy,” not “homosexual.” Maybe you guy don’t think it’s important to call out someone using bigoted language, but if you don’t tell someone that it’s hurtful, they aren’t going to know it’s not okay. I’m sure that in the past many people used the n word honestly not realizing how racist it was to use it, (and no I’m not referring to people who use it to reclaim it, I’m talking about white people), although by now, with the spread of the internet, there shouldn’t be anyone who doesn’t realize it. Would you be okay with a white person using the n word right now? I certainly hope not. Kayriel, you undoubtedly have a different experience to me, but I don’t think that invalidates my experience either. Maybe you weren’t hurt by those words. That doesn’t mean someone else won’t be. I was taught that words and the way we use them are important, and I don’t want to see them being used in a casually hurtful way.

@Anra7777
In the translation's defense, there is a thing called context, you missed it, sadly."That's gay" basically means "that is uncool", "that is lame" or "that is not cool".
You chose to take things out of context and make into a homophobia situation, however, we are dealing with a name as the target of the phrase.
Even if he meant it, who cares if he doesn't like homosexual people? That is not your problem and the ways of life of other people shouldn't concern you as long as they don't directly abuse another person in regards to his homophobia.
Even then, in context, "that's gay" obviously meant " Evil Dream is a lame name, so let us change it to Nightmare". A name can't be homosexual, it can't have relationships, so your reaction is not warranted.
If people are sensitive to a word that is not directed at them, then they are the problem. He is not insulting anyone at all.
Context matters.
Words have their own definition, but you have to keep in mind that they change depending on the context, even if "gay" doesn't have "uncool" listed as its definition. The intention behind the speaker is important too.

Dex-chan lover
@AbuHajaar

https://----[! URL is only accessible to you. !]----/proxy/Q7pWr5DwyX-aERszAqrDAv8hpMEYMtgGKQmYGypl-_ltzaJU4dz4mc0-Wd7B-uEKDpcH2Dd-NFGb71JiwgJWjl74GO8VDiziBAVtDLKFZjNhzZhKNxPyw7tUxDhnXxNpatiBGnDnRXwBqmjdwaR1_rfGRsI-mDdh7D8

jokes aside tho, the translation is actually pretty good :)

Aggregator gang
I cant believe some of y'all are so assblasted about such a commonly used phrase NOT used in context to discriminate against a person.
Is it socially appropriate right now? Probably not.
Is it actually homophobic? You'd best get your head out of your ass and stop clenching your butt cheeks so hard son.

Fed-Kun's army
When you try to reason with people AND it's just so fucking challenging you want to beat your brains in with a hammer.

I feel like I'm arguing with a pigeon. How do you help those that are impossible?

Users who are viewing this thread