Solo Bug Player - Ch. 24

lol that last page. Nightmare is indeed cooler. Also this is quite solid. Glad I found this today.

Aggregator gang
tenor.gif

Can you not refer evil dreams as gay? That's pretty derogatory. As if being gay is bad.

Dex-chan lover
@Anra7777
You're fighting a losing battle unfortunately, remember that this is a manga website
Most people here won't understand that "it's gay" being used as a "joke" is not okay
"it's straight" isn't a joke so why should the other be one right?
If you say you want equality you'll just be labeled a SJW and be told to shut up or leave

The road is still loooooooooong ....

I wasn't aware ”evil dreams” had a sexuality to speak of 🤯

Though now that I think about it that translation may have been more fabulous... Oh! Now I want and evil dream themed Pride parade; think of the possibility's, there could be a gay Satan and everything 🏳️‍🌈😈🏳️‍🌈🎉

Group Leader
@Anra7777 @katanon @jazz9

I’m very sorry for any inconveniences you may have experienced from my translation. I strive to provide the best translations I can (taking into account literal meaning, connotation, implication, and—when it comes to names—how “cool” something sounds) and, to acknowledge the fact that calling something “gay” was a terrible mistake on my part, I will now add a very diversified range of words to use to refer to something as odd, which will consist of the following: stupid, idiotic, moronic, queer, gay, and straight.

@luardemin It's not a problem if you say it once and learn and stop saying it. But it would be a problem if you used the word that way again. 'Dumb' is better but apparently that was used 400 years ago to call people mutes. But you still have stupid, idiotic, moronic, ridiculous, etc. Many alternative words on dictionary/synonym website. And this is 2020, so people honestly will stop reading if the translator or typesetter mis-uses derogatory terms. Since this is the internet, you can joke about anything from race, age, gender and sexuality as well as be hated for joking about those.

Group Leader
@katanon

My sincerest apologies, but I, and all my homosexual and bisexual friends, quite enjoy using the word “gay” to mean “queer, stupid, ridiculous,” and other such terms. If our readers are disturbed by this lack of care, then they’re free to stop reading. I have no intention of censoring myself for the minority of people who can’t appreciate a simple joke.

@luardemin What if I called women 'bit*hes' or black people 'ni**ers' among my friends? Just because you use it among friends doesn't mean it's the best thing to do on your chapters or in public. In private with friends is the time and place you can use derogatory terms. In public is not the time or place to use someone's sexuality as a joke. You already have other readers saying they will literally stop reading your translations.

Considering you don't intend to stop, you aren't actually sorry. Apologizing would mean you feel bad or said/did something wrong. But clearly you neither feel bad about it nor think it was inappropriate. An empty apology is meaningless. It's literally the first thing you have to agree to in the workplace or legal documents. That you can be fired for any sort of discrimination. It's ridiculous to use "straight" as a joke so why use "gay" as joke?

Fed-Kun's army
@katanon 👏 *claps* Hear, hear.

@luardemin Yeah, your sarcasm and hatred towards those who challenge you gets through loud and clear. But if you’re serious about your friends, then they seem to have some self-esteem issues, if they enjoy demeaning themselves.

Group Leader
@Anra777

I’m afraid it’s not self-deprication, but rather an acknowledgement that “gay” used as a slang and “gay” used as a term to denote homosexuality are entirely different. Very different connotations and meanings. Like a black man saying the n-word and a slave owner saying it. Using a word in a non-bigoted and very acceptable manner is perfectly fine.

@katanon

It’s not perfectly acceptable to say the n-word to black people. Due to various social connotations surrounding the word itself (slave owners using it to refer to slaves and then white folks using it to refer to black folks), and the fact that the word “bitch” has existed for literal centuries, these are very different terms used in very different ways. Saying “gay” on tv does not get you barred from ever appearing on a special again.

Not once have I used an individual’s sexuality against them. I have not, nor will I ever, tell someone that being homosexual makes them less of a person. But you don’t understand that, so it’s pointless to say it to you regardless.

If you are personally, genuinely offended because you yourself are a homosexual, I apologize for the discomfort I’ve caused you. But I don’t intend to stop, yes, because, as you can see from the positive response by the majority, you and @Anra777 are in the minority. You are one of a few individuals who are absolutely obsessed with controlling language in a way the majority of people—including most of the people you say it’s being used against—are perfectly comfortable.

I have not made any discriminatory comment, nor do I harass people for being homosexuals. If you find evidence of such behavior from myself, feel free to speak up. Otherwise, a simple offhanded comment is an awful lot to assume a personality, mindset, and lifestyle from.

For your very own sake, I shall now begin to use “queer” and “straight” in place of “gay” at times. You’re welcome. We can all be equally offended together.

look at these triggered homos in the comment at a fucking word. True example of fragility. Evil dream IS gay compared to nightmare which is much more edgelordier and suitable to this manwha and fits the translation meaning as well. Stop whining about retarded things and go the fuck away and stop reading then

@luardemin it's literally only THREE ppl(katanon anra777 hiandhello) that are signalling to the public at just how offended they are out of everyone that commented. Truly an annoying ass minority of the majority that I will bet 5000 dollars are not actually truly offended at seeing the word gay but want some semblance of power over others such as yourself since they have nothing in their lives they have control over

Users who are viewing this thread