Solo Bug Player - Ch. 41 - Season 2 START

Fcking shit, what in the world happened to the art. From mature, intelligent, and tall MC to freaking small, childish, want to make it cute and small MC is fcking disgusting shota vibe. The artist for sure is amateur that gives some vibes that he/she just learn how to draw for 4 months with how he tends to draw from top view. That alone simply can be tolerate. But the flow of the story had before, have already been lost due to the "bug". Before this you can see the flow from one panel to one panel, but now, it simply skip the flow from panel to panel. It degraded so much that make me felt that Solo Bug Player manhwa already complete and there is no such thing as season 2. Unlike moonlight sculpture, even though it always changes the artist, they make sure it is on the same or similar quality before release.

I thought it was just me... why the hell did they change the art style? New Illustrator? Why TF does he look like a kid?

It's a shame, the new art style feels like rushed.
giphy.gif

The first panel showing the MCs current face makes is so scuffed and shit it’s hilarious

Double-page supporter
I don't really give a damn about the art style change. Bring on the story!

anyone know what happen to edelgarde scan?
they starr this from chapter1 and I would still prefer to read theirs

Did the artist change? I prefer the old one instead of this new art, especially for chloe. Those shojou eyes doesn't FIT HER AT ALL. If Chloe change this much, I'm more afraid to see the new art for Isabelle.

@Medicine017 Rise of the Phoenix Scans and Asura Scans are both attempting to snipe Edelgarde Scans, but they're working on their chapters right now. Petty move by both of them for sniping this series. Skrillz is possibly motivated by drama between ES and him.

The art is changing, yes, but i don't think it's that horrible though, the coloring style is not much different, it might be because the author hadn't drawn in a while... It might get better soon

@SkrillzPlayz

Thanks for continuing the series. Sucks that you had to deal with drama. It's crazy that you were getting paid so little for all your work. The people who say "it's shady to get paid for this type of thing so stop complaining" are missing the point. To begin with, the Korean author wouldn't be making any money from people who can't read Korean; no loss of income is basically "no harm, no foul" as far as tort law is concerned. The numbers involved amount to less than minimum wage, so it's not even worth hiring a guy to look out for scanslations to report them.

And there's the fact that someone else was making more money than you despite not having done any of the work, which seems significantly more shady to me than getting paid to translate. It's not like you need a separate website to host your translations when MangaDex does that for you already. The only reason to have one would be for the website owner to profit from ad revenue and donations. But if all you're getting is $20 a month from it as the translator, there's no real point. You'd be better off posting directly to MangaDex and asking for donations directly.

Users who are viewing this thread