Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 100

this chapter gave me the chills, i just hope mc's dad notices all this and finds the mc in action or something

Double-page supporter
welp rip chad ant, you did well fucking the A,S-rank virgin hunters

@gabagu in the light novel the entire fight was being broadcast on TV, and you saw Korea fall into despair seeing the hunters get wrecked. They cut the broadcast before everyone was seen getting killed but then resumed it when the MC showed up.

They also went more into how he didn't go in the first time so he could spend time with his mother.

@ Stocherilac

That certainly helps. It's really bugging me how he's not more proactive but if he was spending time with his family and such while all that was happening instead of wandering the city that's much easier to understand.

Dex-chan lover
oh-lawd-he-7d3e4a.jpg

@NOUN
On other side, tho, thats kind of 'plot moves' is one of ways to show major villain's power (in our case, that ant knight's power), before mc taking a turn.
But, Its makes mc shortsighted, imo. Oh well, whatever I guess. Atleast, compared to OPM, this 'presentation' is a little shorter.

@GerryCerryBery

No, you misunderstood me. I never said, that there wouldn't be any politics. I said, they are unneeded. IMO they should be treated the same way they treat meals, going to the toilet or sleeping in fiction in general. I know they are there, but unless absolutely necessary for plot or breaking up the action, they don't deserve any time in the spotlight. Your opinion seems to be different in that regard though.
As for your second point: Most of the others are already relegated to a support role or just being astonished at MC's strength, so we are pretty far in Mary Sure territory anyway as I see it.
I'd usually agree with you about
Also, having others do stuff other than the MC is a good thing!
in any other manga/manhua/manhwa, but in this one I want to see the MC being the 'O' and the 'P' in OP that was promised after the first story arc with the trial. So I couldn't care less, if all other characters get sidelined, when it comes to fighting adversaries.

Ah gotcha gotcha (sorry for late reply with Mangadex being down, and I didn't notice it switched to .cc until now). It just seemed like it's been referencing countries fairly regularly, so sounded like you were surprised to see it. lol Though plotwise, isn't it kinda relevant with the build up?
As far as I'm concerned, I'd rather leave off country grandstanding in mang(hw/u)a and the like, but eh.

I just enjoy struggles at least before he gets there to clean house! xD
And yeah, it's gotten past that point already...

Double-page supporter
lets fucking go. best man is here. shits gonna get more turnt now.

No real loss if a couple S-rank dies off as long as it's not Goto Ryuji. Smh. Japan really thinks they can replenish their S-ranks whenever they want or something.

Users who are viewing this thread