Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 102

This and one punch man, they love dragging it out so much before our favorite mc can finally arrive.

Dex-chan lover
@kamishiniyari
Nah. The mc also got to show how much of a badass he is by straight up tanking the blows that took out S ranks, lol.

I love that. "He's a mage, right?" Sure is. He's also an assassin, a summoner, a tank, and a
literal god of death

Dex-chan lover
@Riger , well, I still think that the reveal can be accompanied by some plot progression, this is literally the same as previous chapter.. and looking from how the fight is going, dude seems to be able to 1 punch this ant and moves on to next thing as quickly.

Aggregator gang
@darasu

Oh wow, MobSeka was my first light novel too

I can't really remember any MC like him from the other novels I've read, but I can say that my all-time favorites are MobSeka and "To Be a Power in the Shadows" (both have their own manga, but the light novels are far ahead of course)

Dex-chan lover
@kamishiniyari
He can't one punch the ant. He does eventually overwhelm it, but it does take some effort to do so. But I've already read and finished the novel way before I ever knew about this comic.

@Kuroageha
fd0c5b908448a37724d4c84ee094528e.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@need4speedrazor6 What's that supposed to mean? I think you're hoping for the plot to go in a way the author did not even foreshadowed and plan. This has always been a level up fantasy from the get-go.

Aggregator gang
@GodricKharg
Youre not wrong, maybe I just read this chapter too fast lol

@darasu
I guess my problem with the blow for blow scene is that theres no real tension.
there was plenty when the ant was going around chopping off heads, it gave me a feeling that this might be another life threatening, character building fight for our MC to overcome and become stronger.
but all that well built tension is kinda washed away too fast here, at no point after their encounter do I worry that our MC is going to struggle.
This also does another thing, it separates our MC from the rest of the hunters, putting him a position that he is supposedly leagues stronger then the rest of the hunters, hunters that are supposedly some of the countries top hunters who couldnt even really hold a candle to this warrior ant. I feel that for these reasons, it kind of makes me care less about the world and the other hunters that the author built so well earlier in the story.
That being said, Im still a big fan. I just have gripes here and there for the plot.
These gripes could lead to a less enjoyable ending to this story. Maybe the author plans on taking the story in a whole different direction which could be cool

Users who are viewing this thread