Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 94

Group Leader
so what's the overall events of this raid if anyone wants to spoil me via novel synopsis
i wanna have a general idea of what i'm looking forward to

also use spoiler tags for the others
thanks i luv u

@Lazyxbum To be fair, he only became a Hunter to support his family and find a cure for his mother and he has done both. The way I see it, he doesn't feel the need to go because his top priority is the safety of his family. He finally got his mother back, I seriously doubt he'll do anything reckless unless said problems specifically target those he cares about.

Fed-Kun's army
@Serenata The Manhwa portrays Jin Woo as this cold, stoic character who cares for nothing other than his family and those close to him, but that isn't the case in the Novel. I think the main reason we get this image of him is because in the manhwa they decided to skip over a lot of his internal monologues that flesh out the emotional side of his character better.

Dex-chan lover
@Serenata those ants seem like a exponential threat if it was me I'd crush it in the bud like right now they only seem country level but that can easily escalate to a threat to the world. I think its obvious to anyone in universe too. The only reason he would hold back is because he would have to think the other S-ranks can handle it otherwise by the time he could act it would be too late

Double-page supporter
that slasher never watch TV huh? even passerby know Jin Woo's face... poor him...
rest in pieces ~

@occu
first, those Japan Goverment along with their Hunters all DICKHEAD,
one of best BOI finally appear, tho as enemy first ~
and Jin Woo gonna do 'Title Drop' in front of those S-ranks and the world for the first time

Group Leader
there were several places where words weren't right or the dialogue sounded awkward

I'd be happy to work as a proofreader on this series

Fed-Kun's army
@sketches The story is already deviating from the novel for this arc, so
the meeting could happen sooner

His mom was in a coma for 10+ years. His dad was a hunter that died in a dungeon.
"Hey mom. Rise and shine. I'm gonna go do a raid right now. Bye Bye."

I can understand why he is not going. Also he has some shadow soldier to keep an eye on them and in case can do a "shadow exchange" with them.

Group Leader
@tathra

Join their Discord?
But I agree, a lot of the phrasing can be change to smooth out the wordings.

http://bit.ly/33r3yk1

Supporter
@occu
General arc spoiler:
The mission is a hit and run tactic of killing the queen and running away, with Korea as the queen killing team and the Japanese as the distractions. Japan backstabs Korea by leaving before the stated time, trapping the Korean team in the middle of everything. The Japanese Hunter's Association goal is to cripple Korea and essentially have Korea incorporated into Japan. Korea kills the ant queen. The Korea team is being live-broadcasted with a several minute delay. A supermutant ant appears and wrecks the Korea team and leaves them to die to the swarming ants. Most of the Japanese hunters get wiped out because of the supermutant ant. MC shadow swaps and saves most of the Koreans (there is that several minute delay in the broadcast, which is why his arrival is delayed). Supermutant ant comes back and fights the MC.

Fed-Kun's army
@Hades3x Actually, I totally understand Jin Woo's viewpoint here.
His mother, who was in a coma that no person has ever woken from, woke up after 4 years. Given the despair he must have been feeling knowing that she would never wake up, I think he has every right to want to spend time with her.
As for the ants, it is totally understandable that he would think that the others can handle them with the Japanese S ranks helping...

Dex-chan lover
@TitanX21 yeah, well is called Solo Leveling so I expect him to not care... But when you don't give her attachments to the other characters, reasons to climb higher or any sense of heroism we get this... Right now, going to the raid wouldn't make sense so imo, realistically the only reason he should go is only if the S rank party fails horribly and then he has to fight to ensure his family's safety, but that would be pretty bad, because it means that he alone is worth more than everyone or that his soldiers could replace all the hunters.

Some other trigger might change his mind like the father or some revelation... I just feel like, right now the story doesn't have direction, I could abandon it here and I wouldn't miss it because in a way, "it's over" . It didn't make me care for anyone else in the story and we know too little of the true final enemy. It's an awkward position for a series to be in.

Users who are viewing this thread