Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 94

btw.. this manhwa bit different than the novel so is there a chance MC romance gets more stories?

Group Leader
He didn’t participate because his mother just came back and he didn’t want her worry.
he didn’t even tell her that he became a hunter because his father was a hunter and she would worry about her son ending up like her husband.

Also he not sure that he would be completely safe in this raid because it is the first S-rank gate that hunter failed to close and many hunters died there even an S-rank hunter died during the second raid, so he’s prioritizing his safety so that he can ensure his family safety and well-being. Without him their life will become hard again.

I’d say that he made a correct and wise decision.

@Genoshock Well, the quality is worse though. There were several mistakes that could have been avoided easily.
e.g. p11b1 "A list of people for the Jeju island raid 4 days after, huh." 4 days after what?
Right would be: "A list of people for the Jeju island raid in 4 days to come, huh.", which still doesnt sound right ( which is why I didnt sign up for being a proof reader).
Or p26b1 "Ah, my apologise I must of misspoken" should be "Ah, my apologies! I have misspoken." (the must doesnt fit, but I guess it might just be me) which still doesnt fit well with the context because he didnt misspeak, he "wasnt elaborate enough" so it should be "Ah, my apologies! I wasnt elaborate enough."

There are more but I dont want to make this a comment about their mistakes, I think I got my point across.
There is a clear difference in quality between the 2 teams and quality takes its time, which is why I would still prefer jaimini's box over this one, honestly I didnt understand part of this chapter, but it might just be that this chapter was written in a confusing way..
Still, I am quite thankful for translations, the more the better! And they still have room to grow, just get a proof reader.

@Luca44 Well It's the correct and wise decision because he isn't thinking far enough ahead, if the raid fails the ants will just evolve more and become even stronger, eventually they will come to mainland korea and he will have to fight them when they're even stronger.

Dex-chan lover
I skipped most of the Jeju Island Raid when I read the novel, how many chapters long do you think the Japanese and Korean teams attempting the raid will take?
I skipped till the point where the MC shows up to save the day, once basically all the japanese jobbers the last couple chapters hyped up, all died off. I think that's what happened, anyway.

Fed-Kun's army
@Luca44 Like you said, he already tried hard to become a hunter for the sake of finding cure for mom and he dont want to make her worried like his dad was a hunter that reported dead but actually stucked in dungeon for 10 years but survived due his instinct to live surpass all against odds.

Most people on internet always said that he is a coward, chicken, shit due didnt join the raid teams, but everyone except his family already know the reason why he didnt participate in raid.

This rank system is way too vague for determining hunter performances due they only count for overall performances but they didnt tell in details which are they mastered it.

Group Leader
@xxxNothingxxx I understand your point but you’re forgetting that he did take a safety measure for this development by planting his shadows in the participating members and he acquired the teleportation skill in the demon lord castle’s dungeon.

Fed-Kun's army
Now that I've read the novel and come back to read this I can appreciate the artist so much more!
Somehow, the artist managed to draw everything exactly as I imagined it to be!
I can't wait for the Jeju battle to start!!!

Dex-chan lover
@TitanX21 they may not have mentioned very clearly why he wont go in this chapter, but the other 2 reasons are because
1, His father disappeared on that island.
2, He is trying to keep the fact that he is a hunter a secret from his mom so as to not worry her even more than she already is (for their missing Dad who is also a hunter).

@Serenata
Don't drop it yet, a lot of this is still set-up for the main event. Once this arc is done, the, more or less, main plot appears.
You more or less guessed it about what happens at the island.
raid party gets more or less fucked by the ants and specifically the Japaneese team because their Korean betrayal plan failed with a sneak attack by an OP ant who they didnt account for.

MC then goes to save the Korean team who is trapped inside the hive. He would have gone with them, but because of his mother awaking, he chose to stay behind. He is not as much of a cold-hearted person as he may seem. He cares for just about anyone who he can and is able to protect. Where unless they attack him or look to cause others around him trouble, he is fairly passive. One of his self appointed "jobs" is having his shadows patrol the neighborhood stoping criminals. Mostly so his sister will not possibly fall victim to one of their acts, but also because he genuinely likes helping people. If I remember correctly, one of his goals was to become some type of law enforcement or a detective.

That being said, he has his priorities set.
#1 is his family and friends.
#2 is his training and leveling up.
#3 is his hunter job.

These never will change order. Though some may be done at the same time. Like leveling up while doing his job.

Aggregator gang
Why don't you just send a nuke over yonder?

And @JavelinJoe
You got Korean and Japanese mixed up. Betrayal plan was from the Japanese, while Korean almost got wiped

Dex-chan lover
@sketches
I think they're dropping the anti-japanese narrative here. I haven't seen hints of it so far and if you go back to chapter 85 we follow Gotoh's thoughts and his honest goal of wanting the raid to succeed to gain the Nation Hunter title.

"if i told her i was being a hunter just like dad ...is that what mother would say". What does this even mean. Is it a mistranslation?

@occu + other peeps who are interested. Here is the link for the novel. https://boxnovel.com/novel/i-alone-level-up/ It's completely translated. I would start at chapter 109 or 110 just because some things were changed between the novel and comic.

Dex-chan lover
@JavelinJoe Oh I don't plan to drop it, it's super cool to see the fights and I'm not bored. Just saying it's weird for the main character to be in a position where he could just stop (and me as reader can stop too...but I won't) and feel no guilt or obligation towards anyone or anything as of right now... I think this is the first real criticism I've had about the series, that right now, the mc is not doing anything important (I mean plot wise because emotionally speaking, staying with his family is very important).
I think he should just speak with his mom, because unless he plans to keep her from going outside, using internet, a phone or watching TV, keeping the secret it's gonna be reeeeeeeeeeeally hard even for a day considering how famous he is...Now that I think about it, did he even tell his sister to not say anything?

Users who are viewing this thread