Solo Leveling - Vol. 1 Ch. 97

@Voij - Wow. . . . I don't remember any of that. XD Thank you for the info though! I feel like I need to go back and reread that. Speaking of which, was that from the WN or the LN?

Also,
who is Goliath again? XD

Dex-chan lover
@Top_Nep Still feel like the group inside is gonna get wiped and eaten. A Tank, Transform Powers, Fire magic, Group Buffs and Healing. I feel like these abilities/jobs are perfect to be inherited by new gen ants (4 Generals that sort of thing) that the MC gets to fight. Don't get me wrong I like most of the characters inside the nest and I hope they don't die.

Yeah, that super ants probably gonna save the Queen last second after wiping out the poeple outside or something like that.

Also note that my comments are purely conjecture at this point and I have no idea on what took place on the novel version so I might be totally wrong on some things.

Hmmmmm.
Is the comic going to abandon the whole Japanese double cross angle? If I recall correctly, the Japanese hunters were already discussing the "plan" even before they were attacked. I think there was even a closed door meeting even before they've went to Korea.

Dex-chan lover
@BlueCatMage Honestly have no idea whether it was the LN or WN or whether two different versions even exist. Seemed like a revised version overall, though. *shrug*
Anywho, concerning the spoiler:
"Goliath" means Thomas Andre, the huge blonde American dude that was introduced a short time ago. The one who makes the association president look like a young teen, back in chapter 84.

s rank hunters getting killed with ease and panicking.. that makes me wonder about the secret monster rank? is he even stronger than the demon king Baran?

Dex-chan lover
@reishid

Considering how the previous chapters didn’t bother to mention it, I think it’s fair to say they omitted it at this point.

Does anyone know the (approximate) chapter this is in the wn/ln?
Edit: oop nevermind got it

Fed-Kun's army
The Japanese S ranks are getting wiped out not only because of the power difference but because this mysterious ant is being smart and tactical, something they have not seen from the monsters before. They make a point telling you in this chapter that even S ranked monsters are just monsters. They don't approach the battle tactically except in the most rudimentary sense. Even the smarter ones are controlled by their prime directive that tells them to kill human and they take the most straightforward way to achieve that directive. So having never encountered it, hunters aren't prepared to handle it. It's a point that the hired killer hunter from earlier chapters made too, that hunters are too used to fighting monsters that fight more or less mindlessly that they're week against other hunters who have experience fighting humans.

So this isn't that the Japanese S rankers are weak. They're just unprepared against this entirely new threat. And to be fair, most hunters would be unprepared for it too.

Dex-chan lover
@Hades3x

Because (not shown here) the Queen can detect the power levels of the beings invading the island. Knowing the ones outside are stronger, she sent out the most powerful force she had, while stalling the “weaker” ones inside.

Dex-chan lover
@Ani7032

Chapter 115. Though I recommend reading it a little earlier if you want to know the reason why the Japanese are helping them in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread