Solo Leveling - Vol. 2 Ch. 132

@someunregpunk
If I look at how much Korea>Japanese hatred that has been shown in several past chapters most of the plot will still be like in the novel, though seeing that we're seeing some scenes when the raid was attempted, it's obvious the manhwa got added more materials.
To be honest though, I don't know how much it would be. As I had said in one of my previous comments, the only reason I'm not skipping this arc is because I want to see if there will be something changed in the manhwa.

Dex-chan lover
@Justking14 "he’s gonna tell the world moving forward", So there are actually party system right when he party with demon at hell? Will he use it?

@JakkRo Comix was short so they did a piss poor job at explaining, it's not a choice between staying with his sister or helping the Chairman. It's more like 2 different situations where he has 2 options in both: he can either stay with his sister, or leave to help Japan. In the other case, he can either choose to help the Chairman and lose more of the med for his family, or not help the chairman.

@JakkRo he has some of the medicine and ingredients left. How much is made also depends on his skills/ranks. so he can maybe make like 10 doses. of course, maybe in the future he would gain 'infinite doses' or some skill to create such things from monster cores or something.

@kevin282819

the xenophobia in this manhwa is really light compared to the shit Japanese Mangas have. The only one that was portrayed badly was that guy leading the jeju raid.

I'd disagree with only the Jeju raid leader being portrayed negatively. The Japanese Hunters Association chairman was in on the plan, IIRC, and his entire team was portrayed as bad people.

If a Japanese story has an altered history, do you know what the go to turning point choice is for the difference? Japan wins ww2 and shits on America because they screwed something up but Japan does it well because they're so good, screw the details of everything else and the rest of the entire war and European front. They're all irrelevant because they get in the way of showing off how much better Japan is than America.

Could you cite any manga that are like this? I don't really read alt history so it would be interesting to see.

You know the number one portrayal of Chinese in Japanese stories with politics? People who are arrogant and somehow so stupid they are unable to look even a week into the future for possible issues their plans may have.

To be fair, the few manhua that I've read portrayed their protagonists in more or less the same manner.

I feel like everyone should take into account the fact that America is the #1 offender when it comes to exaggerating their superiority as a country. this doesn't excuse this manwha
for doing it, nor does it excuse Japanese manga for doing it either.
it's just a very dumb notion that reinforces the idea that the world revolves around your culture, instead of embracing the objective truth in power or the different strengths of each country.

honestly, if you're going to do a piece of media based on international affairs, a little study of different cultures (at the very least the ones your portraying) could go a long way. it would definitely make for a less biased work.

and who knows, maybe you'll end up liking some customs in other countries more than several of your own.

Dex-chan lover
Well this turned into AoT real quick

Also we're gonna be returning to Hell again for a cure? At least we get to see demon girl again if ever

@Oysterwhite news flash: every nationalist country exaggerates their culture. Saudi arabia, china, russia, france, UK etc..
It's just that the US is the center of the world's attention because of its cultural impact and its power as a nation on the foreign scene.

As for the manhwa, I like to think that I'm discovering the world of the author, rather than looking for what I want. All creative endeavours are like that. The moment we start requiring/asking/wishing for stuff we like is the moment we stop looking at it for the creative piece that it is, especially when the criticism is on creative grounds (like depicting other cultures and being "faithful", whatever that means, to real politics). I recommend reading the medium like a children's books, and ghost what you don't like, you'll get a lot more enjoyment out of it.

And that goes for everyone here whom this comment applies to. Really, a shounen action fantasy manga is not the place for ideologically driven drivel.

That was such a cliffhangerrrrrrrrrr I am dying of suspense rn what will he chose to help another country from total collapse or will he not go to appease his sister's worries? Also Sung jin woo please save Yoo Jin-Ho father I really like his character I don't want him to die yetttttt

Dex-chan lover
Man, I was hoping for the giants to look a bit more like Titans from AOT. Well, They still look like humans in armor rather than naked humans
@Lenapertone If you want spoilers you can go ahead. I tried to keep it at a moderate level as not to ruin the excitement too much
1. He'll refuse the proposal to help Mr. CEO (Jin-ho's Father) and CEO will advance to eternal slumber (Meaning he'll never wake up like a comma)
2. But worry not. After his eternal slumber starts seeing Jin-ho's grieve he'll decide to help him without letting anyone know and Mr. CEO will recover.
3. And about Japan. Well, He'll finally go to help but he delays it quite a bit. By the time he goes Japan would be like a wasteland. Their Hunter system will completely collapse. Though Jin-woo will successfully complete the raid.
I'll not tell you the details of the raid since some important events shall happen in it.

This was one thing in the novel and even here that bothered me a little. A lot of countries chose not to help Japan in anyway either because of their own problems or to protect their S rank hunters. As a way to progress the novel it's understandable. But if we were to be a little realistic, no large country could allow Japan to be destroyed.

Japan is at the heart of Fashion, Electronics, Automotives, Entertainment and other large economic industries. If it was to just be wiped off the face of the Earth I just can't see how it wouldn't fuck with the world economy in some way.

Obviously not important for a story like this, but it's something I have thought about in fun.

Dex-chan lover
@jessiej no, he doesnt. One of the ingredients needed was used up, he only has the life tree piece and demon blood left. He made 6 medicines back then and unless he got more of the last ingredient (what was it again, some liquid to neutralize the demon blood?) he cant make any more.

@RazzyTazy you forgot they mentioned that other S rank gates opened elsewhere at the same time on previous chapters, so on top of countries not wanting to lend their S ranks, at the moment they cant even afford that much. On the novel this didnt happen, but USA (the country with the most S ranks) monopolizes their hunters because a they lost a lot for a S rank gate in the past and they take no risks anymore, even poaching S ranks from other countries when possible (like happened to Korea who lost one to them), and other countries probably follow the same line of thought.

Dex-chan lover
idgaf about this dude OP protagonists should care more about the ones they love

Users who are viewing this thread