Solo Leveling - Vol. 2 Ch. 132

Dex-chan lover
Holy shit I regret reading the comments for this version, so many idiots assuming this is a "Korea is racist to Japan" thing, when you could change the country and it would not make any difference to what the problem is here.

@ this entire comment section:
It's two separate choices; First one is "does he give a cure to the chairman?", yes he's able to but he only has 5 of this miracle cure left and if he cures somebody else then he's going to get more and more requests for it. He can't cure the entire world with this stuff, he has to be extremely careful & selective with when and why he uses these miracle cures as he can't get more of them, but other people wouldn't understand that if they see him able to cure some people and will pester him for cures all the same.

The other choice is about his sister / family, his sister is terrified at the idea of monsters and doesn't want to lose her brother. Sure Jin Woo is strong enough to handle some giants but his sister doesn't know that, if he goes to Japan to fight this dungeon breach then his sister will be worried sick the entire time and it would take him a week or more to hunt them all down at least, whereas if he stays here at home she will be reassured. The question is his sister's happiness & well-being more important to him, or are thousands of lives he doesn't know from another country more important to him?
It's not "the author hates Japan so he's letting him die", try reading the series properly and understanding it from the character's perspectives ffs, it wouldn't matter which foreign country it was as the problem would remain the same. Stupid people are too sensitive and go jumping to the conclusion that everything is racism.

Dex-chan lover
lmao look at the tanks in page 3. No wonder Tokyo got destroyed. Wtf are those, ww2 era tanks? Don't the JSDF have Type 10's or at least Type 90 MBT's?

Spoiler about the chairman

Jinwoo will refuse at first in order to teat the chairman. Later when yoojin got news that his dad is in eternal slumber (already in jinwoo’s mom’s state), he’ll secretly cure the chairman

@69_funny_number they must think that national military is not crucial anymore since there was hunters like goto around but now he's gone and the military hadn't had the time to improve their defenses, or atleast that's what I'm going to assume

@Amplify nope it's exactly about racism and xenophobia if you read the novel and the quote of go gun hee after this arc
Japan made itself the 2nd largest economy in the world on the back of the koreans in the korean civil war So we're gonna use this oppurtinity where millions of japenese died and half of japan completly destroyed to enrich ourselves and become a giant in economy

Dex-chan lover
@Rach1d
I read the novel too and I certainly don't remember any of the fanfic you just wrote happening in the novel.
Stop trying to find racism in everything and you'll be happier overall.

@Rach1d and even if "racism" is involved don't just think it is only found in Solo Leveling you can see in many works nationalistic views. Does it bother me? No! Why? Because it is a work of fiction and doesn't have to reflect the authors' opinion. Also, Japan, Korea and China have a lot of conflicts even to this day because of their history.

Dex-chan lover
@Rach1d
I've re-read the chapter in question, and you're making up BS just as I said. Your twisted mind linked the last 1/4 of that chapter to "racism and xenophobia" and it says a lot about you as a person.

@Amplify And it says a lot about your deluded nature that you refuse to see that writing about making money on the back of a country that lost half his population and territory is xenophobia especially after go gun hee said that japan used the korean civil war to grow to be 2nd largest economy

Dex-chan lover
@Rach1d
Korea benefited economically, okay. Still not xenophobia though, I suggest you go crack open a dictionary.

@Amplify you're so deluded & naive it's unbelievable😂 making money on the back of millions of people that died alright buddy 😂

Dex-chan lover
@Rach1d
Okay then, by your logic then George Soros is the most racist and xenophobic person alive.

Korea made money, but what part of that is them hating or otherwise being racist towards the Japanese? Can you show me one sentence where he says "I hate the Japanese" or words to that effect?

Users who are viewing this thread