Solo Leveling - Vol. 2 Ch. 133

did yall know these guys seriously translated all this and posted this in just 3 hours after the official release-
Well done flame scans have a cookie

They're skipping some of the political points from the novel, and I think its wise to do so. It's always better to read it as text than seeing it as a comic strip.

This also means we're gonna get to the good stuff soon. Can't wait!

So MC is just casually going to let a huge chunk of korea get destroyed and many people eaten, all while he screws around doing nothing, not even sending out his shadow soldiers. And then he decides to screw off to japan to go save another country while his country is being destroyed and people are still being eaten... wth is the author thinking? I really dont think he was thinking at all here because none of this makes any sense and it all could have been dealt with easily. MC says to sister "yeah million of people ae being killed, including other peoples kids, i have to go save them, bye" and then wipe out the monsters and close the gate(it wouldnt have taken him two days) and then go to japan right after and save them. This is just utter trash writing and it came out of nowhere.

@doomer you said it like what Japan did in the novel is not evil. They planned to wipe out the main force of Korea, so if JP’s plan fail(which it did), the whole SEA would’ve been fucked. And should I remind of that the plan is basically invasion, which should be frowned upon by any country during this time where there’s already gates to deal w/, intentionally stirring up internal trouble like that wouldn’t look good. Here it was just the author’s own bias thrown in, Japan & Korea doesn’t have the best ties, and when it was just a web-novel he can just write whatever. It was also mentioned explicitly that there’s no help coming to Japan from the Korea side bc of the grudge, other countries have shit to deal with: high rank gates popping up. And iirc from the novel, the JP’s side has one dude that makes plan behind the Jeju island and defence of this current gate in JP. He didn’t apologize or get any penalties whatsoever until after everything in JP was settled, which takes a while.

Dex-chan lover
@jessiej what are you talking about? do you mean the jeju island? the ant colony spawned there years ago, the population was long gone by the time the third raid was happening and the only ones there were a dussin hunters. Jeju island was isolated Japan on the other hand is an entire country and has a population 160 million, they would all either have to escape to another nation or die. saying "you didn't save those 10 hunters but you will save 100+ million japanese people!? that's so unfair, fucking author!" is retarded.

@Oukishi japans end goal was always to take down jeju island, they planned to let all the S ranks get killed, go in and sweep up the remaining ants and then without any S ranks to protect them they would take Korea under their wing as a a protectorate nation. was it underhanded and devious yes but in the end they would still have protected Korea and saved them from the ants.

@jessiej yeah just ignore the whole episode of MC almost dying and (currently) unfathomable strength of the gate. Like did you read the chapter? Sure in the future maybe he can yolo wipe out the monsters but now there’s a bunch of shit to think about: the architect, his powers and limit of it, etc. Yeah let’s just go full Leeroy Jenkins.

@Doomer but their plan failed, which is the main point. Their plan is basically backstabbing, where Korea trusted them but they turned around and mess up. Also here the whole nation/world can see that the raid is way tougher than imagined, where Korea had near wipeout and JP’s top hunter also got 1hit KO. The arc was to highlight MC and the ant’s ridiculous strength. JP alone wouldn’t have been able to stop the monster, and i guess everything combined lead it to here

@jessiej its seens you are the one who wasnt thinking, korea is under control. The gate oppened in japan and the 100+ million ppl in danger are in japan too...

Dex-chan lover
@Oukishi yea their plan failed, it failed before they even had a chance to start it. even if they hadn't planned to backstab the korean hunters and stayed loyal the raid would still have failed.
i'm not sure what you're trying to point out here.

@Doomer Im talking about korea being destroyed over the last few days via the gate outbreak while the MC gives zero sharts, does nothing the entire time and decides to go to japan for a job.

@Doomer that JP had it coming? Or that Korea/the guild master is justified in its actions. Like what they are doing is basically a sanction, same as what America did to Cuba. I’m not saying it makes sense or morally right, no. Here the highups fucked up, and the citizens should not suffer for it.

@Oukishi plot always kicks in. There is no time to have a breakdown during a gate brake and we dont know how strong they are to even begin to judge it. regardless, due to plot hes always strong enough.

they cut out the part when the hunter association president (help i forget his name) publicly dissed japan saying "we wont help you mfs" :-( man i was really excited to see this scene being illustrated. yes that was cruel of him but they reap whay they sow

Fed-Kun's army
I would not trust those ants for any protection much less of relatives, given how many times they had to be corrected to behave as intended.

@Zarabas its seems you are the one who wasnt thinking. Even if that is japan and not korea, hes still screwing around while people die. But i get it, the author has a rage bonner against japan and he needs lots of japanese people to die in his story so hes just decided to have the MC sit around and do nothing while millions die and lives are destroyed. This is the "more tame" version of the novel, but he still has to get his death quota for the japanese apparently, even if it makes zero sense.

@jessiej what are you talking about? there's no gate outbreak in korea right now, it's all happening in japan, that's why mc is going there

Users who are viewing this thread