Solo Leveling - Vol. 2 Ch. 133

That brat's demand is unreasonable. One of the best S ranks in the world got defeated in one hit, the best in Japan could only take down 2 of 30 giants despite them being Rank A monsters. He is deliberately putting restrictions in Jin-Woo.

This is also out of character, up until now Jin-Woo refused any help, being from A or S ranks, now all of sudden he's taking this kid with him. Makes no sense.

Aggregator gang
@wildyukari91 He did reject him, but by SJ being a public figure, it'd be easy to catch his departure. He can't stop him from coming of his own will either.
In a sense, it's like; "I'm not following you, I just happen to be have the same destination."

Double-page supporter
I really do like following this story along even if it might be generic in some aspects, but overall it's still very enjoyable.
I just stopped reading the comment section too much because there are always so many people with knowledge of the LN/WN/whatever that I can't really enjoy the discussions here.

Dex-chan lover
Why isn't he using the shop anymore?
Other than the dagger we never saw he buying any more ekip...

@dssmith wow man, as far as im aware, if the gate breaks wipe out all of humanity he is going to have a tough time living by himself. So say whatever you want, but he has the ability to deal with it and needs to deal with it. As for 'the japanese govt is bad, so let all of the japanese people get murdered' that is just .. well i dont need to say it, you should think critically about this! as for the korean/japanese drama, this is all the authors fantasy revenge BS and his heavy "plot" justifications. which he toned down from the insane levels of the novels, but this is all still out there in delusion land. He has problems with japanese people and cant separate his hate from his work.

@jessiej what do you mean by huge chunk of korea get destroyed?? Korea is safe. The gate break happend in Japan, not Korea... There is no people getting eaten in Korea.. Are you really reading properly???

the stuff that happens in japan is good and all. especially the gate itself but it's after this arc when shit starts hitting the fan and I'm hyped for it. gonna be a while though

@jessiej The hate against Japan is a common thing in Korea and much of Asia due to the war crimes committed during WWII. Knowing some Koreans (as in people who are from and live in Korea), they hate Japan but not Japanese people. The author is simply reflecting the sentiments of his primary audience. Any other portrayal would make it seem like he supports the Japanese invasion of Korea. Stupid, I know, but it is the same way Americans reacted to the USSR during the Cold War. We also see it in Trump's relationship with China

Double-page supporter
I have to defend the authors writing here. It’s Korea and Japan, that’s like saying if aliens invaded China or US and suddenly both agree on a cooperation deal to allow either side’s troops to land on their home soil to help in the defence.

Y’all need to understand the political context better.

@Doomer Ah yes, Japan only wanted to let the S ranks die, so they could protect Korea. WTF are you even talking about?
their INTENT from the beginning was to control the resources from the gates in Korea. keep BS yourself as much as you want, but don't come here talking this BS to others.

I didn't read the novel, but sure that was a dick move. what i would do is publicly reveal Japan's plan, but instead of saying that they would not help, he should have gone above and beyond and say something along the lines "so Japan tried to fuck us again, but hey we are nice dudes unlike you and we will help you out regardless" then leaving JP to deal with the aftermath of everything.
I would prob dislike him as well, im not saying that you are wrong on that sentiment , but you are clearly trying to justify Japan actions something like "for the greater good" when it was pure GREED

Users who are viewing this thread