Solo Leveling - Vol. 2 Ch. 142

Double-page supporter
Wait...why do they allowed it then.. if the dragon is the HQ property then Sung Jin-wo is "illegally" using it to make the dragon his subordinate, because Sung Jin-wo request is only want to see not summon... Welp at this one chapter Sung Jin-wo is wrong... Even if no one can summon the dragon except him, but the dragon corpse is not his, so he's "stealing" the dragon..

But whatever... I'll just stay tuned for the next chapter..

Dex-chan lover
@ainzell i think they realized that it would be a nice trade to trade the dragon with Sung Jin-wo's favor because let's be real, if they refused, they would lose all chances of having a good impression with him and now as he kinda owe the US, they can call him on as a favor with the new power of the dragon as well. This is also cause they really aren't using the body anyways so in exchange of something that is useless to them, they are able to gain favor with someone that seemed to absolutely refuse all relationships with them.

Double-page supporter
@thatno0b well that's true..but Sung Jin-wo request was only to see but instead he's doing "ritual" here, the Hunter HQ should have allowed him only to watch the corpse. And they should really use written contract for the details about Sung Jin-wo summoning the dragon so that they would got benefits from it... Didn't expect the Hunter HQ to be dumb, if they just use verbal contract it's not effective. Also if by chance in the future Sung Jin-wo refuse the HQ request from the contract they could sue him, and even if he's the most powerful human the public opinion would change (negatively) towards him, especially korean (because korean see contract as something "sacred")

But scratch that, don't take this seriously it's just a fiction anyway...

@Ainzell the corpse is their property, and summoning the shadow doesn't takes away the corpse, the corpse is still there. Maybe webtoon didn't specify this but its mentioned in the ln

What I don't understand is why didn't he ask to see the body of the national hunter that was killed? It may have been too long that he was dead, but it's worth a shot. He could find out who killed him and exonerate his father, plus glean insight into what's going on and who's doing all this.

Double-page supporter
Some people seem to forget that somebody with that much power can't give a flying fuck about contracts. If he wanted to get inside and even take the corpse he could have done it. The corpse or the rune is not even a bargaining chip, it is just an offering you do to a god to see if he gives it's blessing back.

@CyberianGinseng that dragon was not only much more powerful, but it was an 8y/o pile of bones. I think he would be able to make the hunter a soldier. Though I’m not sure he could get information out of it since a majority of them (if not all normal ones) can’t speak.

Dex-chan lover
Feel like Jin needs to offer something up to America in exchange for them giving him this chance. I don’t think he actually destroyed the corpse and they wanted to see his power in action but still. They’ve been good to him. He should at least promise to help out in America once a month or something.

I think this also confirms that he’s the top ranked hunter in the world. This dragon will certainly not be at his full strength but will still be the equal of a national rank hunter

Also, loved the German recognizing his strength

I remember there is a corpse of a dragon in korea, is it different dragon?( i don't remember which chapter it reveals but at that time hunter sung more interested in the rune stone , if i remember it correctly)

Users who are viewing this thread