Solo Leveling

Dex-chan lover
so which group translates more better/proper? ( i dont wana spoil myself and re-read the chapters)

@movileanu12 I'd say both are excellent. Bored College Students tend to be less literal from what I've seen, so it depends on if you favor beauty or faithfulness. As I once heard a Russian Literature prof say, "A translation is like a wife. She can be beautiful or faithful but not both!"

Dex-chan lover
@TheMadFool you say both but there are 3 groups, which both you mean? (and maybe i more on beauty than faith since faith is useless if it becomes too ugly to the point you dont understand)

Its interesting but the pacing leaves a lot to be desired. No time to flesh out any characters, the MC personality is basically one note 'gotta get stronger' and it seems characters and scenes are missing or forgotten about. Whether that has to do with this being an adaption or if it is reflected in the source idk.
And now it seems they're revealing there are even more powerful people we didn't know about since the MC is starting to outclass the top characters already introduced which is a cliche i fucking loathe
Its entertaining but that's about it.

@movileanu12 Only Hero Manhua and Bored College Students translated the latest chapter, so I was only comparing the two of them. If you favor beauty over faithfulness, Bored College Students might be more your cup of tea. To give an example, the same word is translated by Hero Manhua as "Monarch" and by Bored College Students as "King." The original word is gender neutral, so technically "Monarch" is more exact to the original meaning. However, "King" sounds more natural to an English speaker, despite carrying with it an implication of the subject being male that isn't present in the original source. BCS allows that deviation from the original meaning in favor of the translation sounding more natural. Hero Manhua sticks to Monarch to be more accurate.

Great work! 9/10
MC hardworker, strong and reliable, sometime ruthless.

MC lack ambition and also simple-minded, like normal youngster, which is good for future character development.

@TheMadFool also I believe LN was using monarch too (was awhile since I was reading it)
side note: holy crap how they manage to draw such fucken great art for our little dragon

the series is very hot right now.

Several web translation groups in my country deleted this series from their website. Somehow they deleted it, which must have something to do with copyright.

Double-page supporter
Honestly this vertical layout with occasional vertical-horizontal scenes needs to die a gruesome death.
No matter what you're reading it on, you don't want to continuously tilt your head or device. It's fucking retarded. Stop it.

Chapter 111 is what triggered me to the point of complaining with 6 such scenes.

Thats weird. Im pretty sure ive read the entirety of s1 before. Where did the missing chapters go?

If they would just translate the missing chapters(or put it back, idk) instead of having 2-4 different TL groups doing 1 chapter, that would be great

Users who are viewing this thread