Solo Leveling

+100,000 MP is nuts. Normally that kind of powerup is total bs, but this series manages to make it feel like it's logical.

For Chapter 130, neither Dark~Scans or WDWeebtoons made that much sense, especially towards the end. Although I can follow along on the events and actions, both these translations are kinda shit on the details and explanations.. I wouldn't complain normally, but out of the 130 Chapters so far, this is probably the chapter where it's most important to have explanations and details be accurate.

allright so are we all gonna ignore the fact that sung jin woo just ripped off gilgameshe's gate of babylon?

Anyone know why the br scan doing solo Leveling got nuked?
Read it yesterday and now it's gone.

Not really a problem, but curious.

https://----[! URL is only accessible to you. !]----/5tXG_P5ZbIYjJQsCH3QZwhSTy_MQQj6DQHgoqZFEZhGFE24f5UJ1ilaFy3VSDj5H6CeE7bM=s99

Catching up 6 chapters in one read to come up with that

giphy.gif

Soo, whats comes after this??

MC will fight the system including monsters, monarchs, angels and humans
or
MC will unite the human world to fight the system and monarchs
or
MC will solo them to safe humanity

... kinda feels like the story is overkill now, basically MC is OP and there is nothing he can't beat.

I really like the beginning (aka the prologue at this point) where he develops strength, but now.... its always one sided. There's not much plot other than kill anything in the way basically.

@OopradoO @theJuice
No problem, I'm happy to clear something that was not clearly explained. I love this story but I don't think they did their best here to explain... If you need to know anything else, let me know! (also, girl here xD)

@DP
Nope, they need them too. I'll mark it as spoiler in order to not accidentally ruin things for someone who doesn't want to know it yet :D
so no, all the Monarcs need vessels, some chapters ago, after the ant dungeon in Jeju Island, you see 2 Monarchs in their vessels.
The way other Monarchs got their vessel was never actually explained in the novel, we just know they need a body as vessel to invade earth.

Anyway, the reason why the Death Monarch is siding with the angels and the result of the war will be revealed a little later, if you want I can spoil, but it's gonna be a major spoiler.

@Christopher
I am mostly referring to the "windings" problem some chapters back... They put in several balloons the name of the font Windings instead of what the Architect actually says :/ I have no idea if they've corrected the thing later.
That said, I do have a memory problem, since I read the novel at least a year ago, so some details are fuzzy.

cant find anything better to do so ima re read this again for the 4th time (manwha not the novel since i dont want to read the novel again. reread it during quarantine before second season of this came out)

ok ok ok, it would be such a plot twist and cool if he ended up being an e grade hunter, because he have seen the ways when he was strong maybe he would actually level up with his own pure skills?? idk, i just love the idea that he loses the leveling up power xD

@Hikari_Owari

Anyone know why the br scan doing solo Leveling got nuked?
Read it yesterday and now it's gone.

Not really a problem, but curious.

Probably cause it was not authorized by the scanlator group Neox which need pageviews for adsense in their main site.

Fed-Kun's army
Is this series over-rated? Yes. Does that mean it is bad? No. Its a decent read, but it doesn't live up to the hype. Its nothing to go head over heels for, nor is it the best real "life turns into game/dungeon" series. But its an okay read. The arts not bad, neither is the story. It doesn't pull any surprises (because lets face it, the MC in these always have plot armor). Its basically what you would expect. The only bad part is every other character other than the MC. Not that they are bad characters, but they don't leave any impact, aren't given any real depth. There's also a crappy romance miniplot, but its kinda expected with these kinds of series.

Since there aren't any side characters that actually add to the story, its one of those series, where if you don't like the MC, you should probably stop, because side characters dont really matter, nor are they given much importance, depth, or screen time. So its a hit or miss based on the MC. Any life or death suspense would have to rely only on the side character's survival (which, well isn't that suspenseful if you don't care about them, which you probably won't). Not to mention, the MC will never "Die" because he's the MC and has plot armor and thus any life or death fights the MC gets into don't have any real suspense, beyond how is he going to luck/power up out of it (which is what it turns into in the end).

As for the MC himself, he is supposed to be a necromancer, but he basically solo fights most things, and is ultra-melee focus. So it doesn't really do Necro' jobs pretty well since he basically has no class weakness, thus being OP for obvious reasons. As for his personality... he's a slightly edgy - never give up - kinda guy. He's basically like the korean necromancer version of Kei Kurono from Gantz, where his real character trait is "survival from death". I don't have much other impressions of him, since well... he doesn't really have that dynamic of a personality. He's basically an average person.

Don't expect anything too grand or epic from the high ratings, and you'll like this series fine. My personal rating is 7/10. Also, the web novel version is fully translated, so give that a go too.

We can never change the fact that it’s art style exceeds the current style trope in manhua, manga, manhwa community. This somehow paved a way to a new art style that’s appealing more than enough for the masses. For that, I am thankful for setting a new bar. ✨🧚🏻‍♂️ I hope to see throughout this series. Big props to Redice and their artist, holy shit they rlly hit off ORV’s art as well.

Users who are viewing this thread