Solo Leveling

Is it just me or was the quality of Flame Scans translation way down this last chapter? The dialog was clunky and at times incorrect, and there were parts like where the hunter was saying where the S-rank hunters were from that it was so off the mark I had to switch to Nike's translation to understand what was happening.

I think this is the only series where so many translators/groups had worked and changed. This shows the popularity it has. Even now 3 groups are working simultaneously.

Thing with this is, its so boring. Yeah it’s cool, yeah he’s op, but it’s so boring. The other characters are basically there for the sake of having characters, but this really doesn’t accentuate them, they’re just there. This one guy is there just to make a guild, this one demon girl is just there to give him a tour, his mother is just there as a goal. I love character interactions, and there are no noteworthy interactions between them, they’re all easily forgettable.

Just my take on this tho, take it for granted.

can someone decide who gets to translate this manga? its kind of annoying seeing 4 translations of the same chapter being notified to me like just give the manga to the best and fastest translator .-.

ALSO you're giving this manga free views because the new people who are not familiar with mangadex are gonna end up reading the same chapter multiple times. THIS DOES'NT HELP SEEING THAT MOST IF NOT ALL THE OTHER GOOD MANGA SITES SHUT DOWN >.> thank you for coming to my ted talk

Jesus Christ the escalation and build up of what Jin-Woo have to fight is just getting bigger and insanely ridiculous. Does he have to fight literal gods in the future?!

It’s so unfortunate that such a great story, is being let down by the ignorance of the manhua author. Without the development and focus being shifted away from our main character in places like the Jeju Island raid arc, so much of the original story is lost. Without the excluded, most if not all of the side characters fall, destined to be just 1-D characters to only serve a single purpose when they were not originally written that way. I sincerely hope that those who enjoy this story do take the time to read the original Light Novel. That’s the story I dub 10/10, and it can be found at readlightnovels.org.

Adaptation/Story: 6/10

It started off great! Loved all the anime references too. But as the end of the first season drew near, the level of desperation was not accurately portrayed at all in the Jeju Island raid when compared to the light novel, and many of the side stories components which become very important to understanding parts of the story later, were thrown out to make SJW (sung Jin woo) look good. Although I love me some good OP action, what made the original story so great was entirely lost here, and it was a great disappoint to me. If the manhua author had taken a couple of chapters to really build up the arc instead of rushing its completion, I wouldn’t be writing this, because everything else about the adaptation I have no complaints about. My only hope is when it comes to the anime, we get the Light Novel and not this mediocre at best translation from light novel to manhua. (Or manwha, I always forget which is which)

Art: 10/10

What can I say? It’s great!

@ShutYour1111 ehh let's not overhype LN here... as much as it IS better in terms of fleshing out characters (I mean in most cases LN doing better job at it) it still has quite a bit of other problems, at peak I would give 8/10 but overall 7/10

@sleeperofnight oh snap XD

Now that ive read the novel i can say that the manhwa does a shitty job of adapting the story

What the hell is the point in missing literally 60 chapters and the next one say this may have been done to troll you to read farther, no in fact just the opposite I don’t want to read something that just picks off wherever just because someone felt like trolling that’s not how you gain readers or maintain them that’s how you lose them

Users who are viewing this thread