Solo Leveling

Oh this is actually a new translation. The grammar is better here then in the other version. Not sure who did this one but I'm hoping you will do more, you're work is higher quality. :)

@Ashgur Other sites don't ask you to create an account because they don't care about your hobby. Other sites use java, malware ads and anything else to try and corrupt your PC while you are just simply reading. Other sites are trying to profit off of japans hard work on manga, from my point of view the people here just wanna read and we wanna relax. So lets all enjoy a good manga.

Group Leader
Other sites are a really mixed bag even outside the issue of ads.

- Removes my credit page.
- Removes my translation notes page.
- Lowers the resolution of the images to save file size.
- Compresses the images so they look worse to save file size.
- Adds their own water mark to pages they've taken from Mangadex.
- Adds a page at the end that reads "Read only on MangaFreak".

Aggregator gang
the comments on each chapter have become even weirder as no one really focus on the plot progression anymore lol that's what you got if you allow several groups to work on 1 project

p.s. keep nitpicking the font and grammar maybe someday JB will hear your plea and come back

@ojoudere I've been contacting official localization companies to see if they'd pick Solo Leveling up. That way we can have an official English release for the series.

Dex-chan lover
better translation, check
better grammar, check
don't get pissy over the few assholes complaining, check

so far these new translators who stepped up after those other guys left is just plain and simply better!
they left, and in return we got a fucking UPGRADE to translation and grammar quality, and if all these shills of that former group love them so much, then why not just get the fuck out of here and run on over to their site and use their inferior reader and inferior translation and grammar? if you want that inferior quality that much no ones stopping you from going there.

my guess is that you are still here purely for the purpose of being a asshole to these new guys, hellbent on bullying them into stopping so we others do not have a choice but to go on over to those other guys site and use their inferior reader.

I love MD because it respects release policies, doesn't threaten my computer's security, advertises the sites that release the content, and organizes my reading list of 480 something mangas- from a conglomeration of other sites- in a user friendly format. As far as I know, everyone can and does get this service for free- my condolences if you are an exception.

While I am ignorant to the whole story surrounding the current turmoil, I believe it is perfectly logical for such a quality site to receive compensation for its service. While MD doesn't make its own content, its service as the universal forum for all manga is second to none. I believe it might be fair if the other scanslation groups get a cut of the revenue produced, much like youtube (without the stupid demonetization bs), and noninvasive ads or other similar methods would be realistic, but MD deserves to get paid.

Also, with such a big cash grab like Solo Leveling (favorite series btw), it would be silly not to get some form of ad revenue, and MD 's completely nonprofit version, hosted on a far more popular forum than the scanslator's site, likely detracts from the profits. If mangadex generates profits from this, and the scanslator gets a cut of the cash, its a win win. Its not like MD would be stealing money from them; MD would ensure a larger audience for the advertisements, which the other site won't get on its own, and would deserve money for that service.

Thank you to those who make these mangas, and thank you to MangaDex for delivering them!

@theldras They really should stop. They're making the group they're defending look bad. It's like they're saying that JB supports that kind of rude behavior. At least one of the accounts is only about 3 days old, which makes it seem like some of them might be harassment accounts.

So, I had the pleasure of reading the work translated by the previous team, I was present while the community approached the problematic subject and luckily I could hear both sides of the story, however, things moved towards the emotional side, leaving the sense and actually making something boring, something that divided the community into two opposing poles.
The previous team had rather strong complaints related to the MangaDex service, however, phrases were taken out of context as much as trusts were broken, it became a Cold War.
As a reader, just like you, I personally do not take a party, yet I ask you to show support on the side that most sensitizes you, always maintaining the neutrality attempt.
As much fan as you can be of a team, you are here for the work, keep that thought and show support to the team that comes to translate it.

"we will stop loading this popular series to this big website"

Every other group:
"its free realestate"

@AndalindaV MD doesn't make any money. The only money they make is through donations to maintain the site. Whatever extra they get goes into a contingency fund for if/when the donations run out. Someone joked about the site going legit if they could buy the rights to ALL the manga on the site. It was a joke or a pipe dream.

The scanlators are mad because they aren't making a profit like they want and because MD didn't do a good job moderating comment sections that threw hate at some scanlators for not releasing fast enough or for the quality of their scans.

bdy

@jameaney Actually this whole thing stemmed from JB getting sniped and complaining to MD about it, to which they said "we don't want to moderate sniping because it has been a thing and will always be a thing and we don't want to police content like that."

Group Leader
Holo Apologists: This [crazy idea] is just a pipe dream, you don't need to worry about it

Also Holo Apologists: We need to stop Hitler because his pipe dream is [crazy idea] that his kind rule the world

It's pretty nice if people can donate to these groups that do translations or to Mangadex itself to keep up the site, since ideally should be able to make a bit of money (or even a living) for the service they're providing. That there's not a good (maybe Steam-like) option for reading translations of comics isn't reason to be against these people making a few bucks for how much entertainment they help provide, even if using material from other people (seeing as there aren't really other options).

Users who are viewing this thread