Solo Leveling

Context for anyone coming here after getting notifications or from RSS and wondering why the chapters are missing - it was just spam: "Read Chapter Her[they misspelled "Here"]: <spam url>"

Fed-Kun's army
@virtu6661
Seriously?...damn another work i'd like to be see animated but got shot down because the author being a freaking idiot....
the other one being that one with Renya as the MC....forgot the title

after seeing so much praise for this series every time it gets mentioned, i decided to give it a try

hopefully it blows me away the same way Steins Gate did when i read the visual novel

@virtu6661
This is just a blatant lie. The novel isn't racist at all towards Japanese people. I have no idea where you drew this conclusion, have you even read the novel?

The Giant Sovereign arc is the only arc that really uses Japan, and it's not really racist.

8/10

ngl i wished the art matched the story, it felt kinda hollow with secondary characters just there to hype up self-insert MC, matter of fact i don't think i remember most of the characters names in this story besides the "minions"

i would by lying though if i said i didnt enjoy it for what it is, alot of hype and fight scenes and gorgeous art , one of those stories u can go into without giving it much thought and have a good time, definitely didnt blow me away though like steins gate did hehe

So because the writer created a plot about a nation backstabbing another nation he's racist?

Are you people morons?

@Buggy yes, I have read the novel
i'm sorry if you see my comment as lying, I should have mentioned "in my opinion".
saying the novel is quite racist towards japanese may have come out really harsh

but i m drawing this conclusion because of this:

1. if I'm a Japanese, I wouldn't want to portray my country as the one have malicious intent (villain)
its a common theme wherein Korean novel/film or whatever where they put Japanese as one of the bad guy
and this is also a common theme in western countries like Hollywood likes to make Russian as the bad guy etc

this is why in my opinion i doubt japanese's animation company willing to take this comic
and if they are going to make an anime out of this comic, they probably will change the plot.

@virtu6661 So we can never make another nationality/race look like villains for fear of being called a racist?

God damn that is stupid just as much as it is sad.

@virtu6661 That isn't racist, it's just a deep and hard reflection of REAL LIFE. Each and every country is like whenever they have personal interests/goals In mind. Hell, the United States has been doing said malicious intent with the middle east ever since they discovered crude oil exists there. Everyone's a villain/hero depending on your pov, and that isn't racist.

Users who are viewing this thread