Solo Leveling

from reading the LN this is probably one of the mistakes the author did giving jin woo 100k mana in my opinion.

@OKyushu what was his only weakness has become his greatest weapon, huh?
With that power he'd be like a god.
I don't know about his dad, but I'd say he has officially become the strongest hunter.

@RisingMoon
there are still a couple, if not at least only one, Hunter that can gave him a pretty darn good fight with an unclear result... At least for "current" Jinwoo

Sigh. I think this was the point the novel started going downhill. I hope the LN can do the story justice.

@OopradoO
I will mark it as spoilers, so read at your own risk, as the basics to understand the chapters will be explained further later in the story, but if you really wanna grasp what's happening, you need to know them

So, basically, the whole gates/hunters/Yada Yada mess, began because in another world, there is a war, between two factions, the Monarchs, and the "Angels" you see in the previous chapter.

The war eventually was moved to Earth, with the Monarchs, the bad guys, so to speak, open the gates in order to invade the world, and the Angels instead give power to humans, hence the creation of the Hunters and their awakening.

In the first chapters Jinwoo finds a double dungeon with his guild, they enter and in the end, the only one left inside alive was Jinwoo. For this fear he obtains the power of the player and the possibility to level up. So he does that, gaining power and eventually becoming the S rank we know now.

After he surpasses level 100, he obtains a key that brings him in the same double dungeon he first obtained the "Player" power, when he meets the statues again, only, this time, he realizes that the only statue that doesn't move, aka the one with the instructions, is actually the master of the dungeon.

After level 100 he obtained a power called the "Black Heart", literally a second heart that in theory, was supposed to be a power boost. It actually isn't.
Battling the Statue (the one with the instructions), he asks who he is, and here they probably lost not only you, but several readers, mostly because of mistakes with the translation, in the novel it isn't nearly as this incomprehensible.

The statue answers that his name is "The Architect", and he is the one that devised the player system, one of his abilities is to predict things, as demonstrated in the last chapter.

Now, this is the real spoiler part.
You see, the whole player thing is bullshit. Monarchs, in order to invade earth, need a host, the problem is that not anyone can become one. Moreover, the Monarch of Death, the one Jinwoo gets his powers from, is the most powerful. So in order to obtain a vessel able to withstand the power of the Death's Monarch, they needed to create one.
So the Monarch of Death, named Ashborn (in the novel, we will see how they will call him in the Manga), teamed with the Architect and they togheter created the Player System that will be later obtained by Jinwoo, in order to train a person to become stronger enough to be the vessel for Asborn.

So, what should have happened in these chapters, is that Jinwoo's consciousness should have been replaced with Ashborn's, but it wasn't, and that's why the Architect is surprised.
The reason Jinwoo was called again in the double dungeon was to awaken Ashborn, "problem" is (in the Architect's point of view), instead, Jinwoo is still the one that is owning the body.

Hope this is enough for the time being, it will actually be explained better later, but if you need more in depth spoilers, let me know! Also, for any mistake, I'm not a native English speaker so... Yeah, sometimes I write things that don't make sense... 😅

@Leeve
I don't think it's entirely the translator's fault; this scene was supposed to have a large amount of exposition and its clearly not there; the fact he didn't even name himself as "The Architect" or anything tells me that the manga is being quite liberal with this part. The battle sequence from the "data" was also supposed to explain things a bit more and it literally had no context. Also, in the LN, I don't remember him being the one who takes over the system like this chapter clearly implies.

Aggregator gang
@Christopher probably the editors wanting to really milk the target audience, which is not us unfortunately.
everything needs to be cool for the target demographic

DP

@leeve
So, the other monarch don't need a body to arive in the human world?
And, as you said the angels have the power as in the architect rigged in between and created a system for ashborn to arrive.
And, did the monarch lose thier war and why was demon king supporting angels.
That's about it, lol

If you do answer can you tag me so that I can know all this.

Users who are viewing this thread