Solte the Traveler - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - Relic Palace: Part 3

Dex-chan lover
Man, imma have to reread this now, I don't remember what's going on but I remember it being good

Dex-chan lover
I'm rather disappointed Black didn't finish him off.

It doesn't feel right when a practical character just goes "Oh the environment will finish him, I don't have to confirm the kill."

Like, it feels worse that the narrative explicitly had him go for it then arbitrarily decide not to, when it could've just been left unsaid and they all assumed the enemy was dead. The author actively shone a light on one of our protagonists making an out of character decision.
In this case, Black's decision was highlighted as something he'd usually not make...if not for Solte's current behavior. Basically weighed his practicality vs his niece's current mental state, and decided to choose the latter.

Supporter
Thanks for taking up this project!

But man, it's so long since the last chapter, I had to reread that one to understand what's going on in this one.

cgr

Dex-chan lover
It doesn't feel right when a practical character just goes "Oh the environment will finish him, I don't have to confirm the kill."
Black is knowledgeable, but it's iffy if he ever had to kill before, even if he had done it before, it probably didn't happen often,
so reasonable to be hesitant/back out of it

Like, it feels worse that the narrative explicitly had him go for it then arbitrarily decide not to
one of our protagonists making an out of character decision.
1. it's not arbitrary and definitely not out of character, because he didn't want Solte (the niece he clearly cares about) and Firo to see an extra death, when both are clearly stressed over it
2. another part of the reason is that explained by the invisibility cloak explanation which is literally unnoticeable

Also, keep in mind: black is probably right about blights eating him- it's not napta that's pursuing them, but a strong blight wearing his skin

Sorry, childhood friends.
personally, I think they got what they deserved since they immediately decided to join a group that kills entire villages (and their own village), when only one person in the village studied magic.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread