Solving Queen Ophelia's Mysterious Death - Vol. 2 Ch. 13

Contributor
The culprits all died in line with how they tried to kill her, pretty appropriate ways to die. So Ophelia gets to live in the end, and the curse now makes sense with the context that the fairy king's objective in applying the curse was to protect his friend and punish those who tried to do harm.

It's a good ending and I liked Ophelia as a capable female protagonist, although I just didn't like how she didn't simply kick out that creepy cheating playboy and motherfucker David from her room. He didn't deserve to get another night to sleep beside her, even if she thought him waking up next to her corpse might've been a nice "prank". While he doesn't deserve to outright die, he deserved to have things at least go bad for him. Divorce made official, titles stripped and maybe even banishment for lese majeste and infidelity.

Maybe a possible sequel based on the next novel will address this sticking point for me, I don't want to see a cheating scumbag like him forgiven and rehabilitated as her love interest. But the manga adaptation ends here it seems. Thank you for translating this until the end.

Double-page supporter
I had suspicions of multiple perpetrators early on due to the several possible methods of death surrounding her murder. Felt like the reveal was too sudden to be satisfying but the journey was enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread