Sometimes Even Reality Is a Lie! - Ch. 185 - You Too

Dex-chan lover
It isn't that he pushes everyone out. He just does what he loves, be who he wants to be. It's the other people that lose interest in him. If he becomes antisocial, he would have pushed the gal away too.
the chapter literally shows him “gaming in the corner” and ignoring the people around him except for the gal. I understand his new take on “I can be myself now” but like I said, I feel like he went way too antisocial.

Dex-chan lover
Dex-chan lover
Lol, I did hate him in the beginning as well. But like, his arc is written well enough to turn that into disappointment. Kudos to the author
That's one reason I like it when flawed characters aren't just treated as disposable villains. People do things for reasons, and most people aren't malicious. And for me stories are all about character development and character interaction.

Dex-chan lover
I’m not sure going antisocial is a good thing, but hey he’s got his future wife next to him now so it was def worth it
Don't think the idea is that he became antisocial as much as he just played on his free time instead of just talking with the girls as he did before. And if they aren't interested in talking about his interests or playing with him, and just want him to look at them and have his attention, of course they wouldn't remain around him.

Like yeah I understand that one shouldn't just talk about what one likes and all that, but at the same time you shouldn't give your time of the day to people just because they look at you like a pretty/delicious piece of meat, if you're interested in more than physical stuff.

Dex-chan lover
The cosplay segs gonna be crazy
85O8BKd.png

Dex-chan lover
It isn't that he pushes everyone out. He just does what he loves, be who he wants to be. It's the other people that lose interest in him. If he becomes antisocial, he would have pushed the gal away too.
If you don't talk or interact with other people that is you showing you don't care about them. Which is fine, but don't say "other people lost interest"

Dex-chan lover
I remember reading at least two mangas about a gamer gayru. I know I in fact read more than that but I can't remember the ones where the gamer gayru is the FMC

Dex-chan lover
Indeed, having one person who intimately knows you is more valuable than a harem of people who don't. What a beautiful message.
Aye! Harems can be so much more trouble than they are worth.

Dude goes back to gaming, and all the popular girls except for one leave him and she shares his interests. Good for him!

Dex-chan lover
True feels, like he swung too much the other way. Since he was a social butterfly before I feel he could have maintained a boundary where he could create time for his hobby.
It's possible he's actually an introvert and was faking the social butterfly thing. I was able to do that during college,* but it's absolutely exhausting to do, especially in groups. If that's the case, it's understandable he stopped doing it. He's decided to be who he really is and stop pretending.

* Most of the people that knew me in college thought I was an extrovert.

Dex-chan lover
Ooh, she bought the cosplay. We all know he's hoping for some fun roleplay with that. Now a girl like her is way better than a superficial harem.

Dex-chan lover
I never got those situations in stories, where a character hides a significant part of their life to "not be hated" by their partner.

The only situation where this would work is if you are not looking for anything serious, or if you are willing to hide those things for the rest of your life, thus making yourself suffer long-term. If your partner does not accept the real you, then are you even in a relationship?

Power Uploader
"He became a gamer, and by that we mean he stopped socializing altogether, secluding himself into the corner of the class with his shitty gacha in hands."

Users who are viewing this thread