Sometimes Even Reality Is a Lie! - Ch. 41 - You'll Understand Someday

Double-page supporter
Ah everyone first time brewing mistake

Waste a cup too

Well, there's 'tubruk' method tho, where you put grinded coffee (and sugar) in a cup, pour hot water, then stir it.

Dex-chan lover
Wait. What to they mean by filtering coffee? Don't they just drink it as-is? I mean, that's what everyone does here.

Aggregator gang
@luvicvis he maybe means that, as it may have a greater amount of caffeine by not filtering, they want to keep awake all night and have some responsible handholding.

Dex-chan lover
She probably used preground coffee meant for filter brewing (a pretty coarse grind, not turkish grind) and left all the grinds in the cup when serving. Nothing like crunchy coffee!

😊

Dex-chan lover
@Operation_Recon you might be thinking of instant coffee. I believe that one has been processed such that it will dissolve in water.

The coffee Nanami made are not instant coffee. You grind bunch of coffee beans that it becomes powder. Then you put the grinded coffee in a filter then pour hot water. This grounded coffee doesn't dissolve in water. So if you don't use filter, the powder will linger. It doesn't taste good and not edible. But if you wait long enough, the powder will drop to the bottom of the cup, and you can drink the coffee.

Group Leader
As a dad, I can confirm that when your daughter gives you something - even if slightly screwed up - it's something special. Can't replace that.

I thought instant coffee was made by freeze drying brewed coffee so you add water and there you go.... its coffee. Problem is that there will be added preservatives and it makes the coffee taste off ....sharp.... weird like it's not your usual stuff. Coffee from grounded up beans should taste alot smoother.

Group Leader
@Zephyrei Instant coffee usually is made with regular brewed coffee subjected to either of two extremes. Freezing it into slabs and then sublimating off the ice or spraying it in an oven at broiler temperatures ~500f . Hot water for coffee’s sweet spot is ~204f, for the oven method I can’t see how doubling the temperature will be good for the end flavour( and if you live in the state of california acrylamides may be formed in this step) . During the dehydration quite a bit of the tasty coffee volatiles will get lost in the freezing / baking leaving the remaining usually-complementary flavours off balance . Furthermore most instant coffees don’t actually use preservatives nowadays which ironically can lead to further funky flavours because the natural oils go rancid. And this is just the process side. On a logistics p.o.v. I can’t see bulk manufactures spending the extra money for better beans. B-grade beans in, b-grade flavour out. All this is to say...uhh I have no idea why i wrote all this... maybe I’m sleepy . Time for more coffee?

Users who are viewing this thread