Song of the Sky Pacers - Ch. 101

Group Leader
Enjoy, although quite a sad chapter this time.

Heart and Pulse are already broken: Doesn't seem to be an idiom. I think this is a somewhat ancient way to say someone is sure to die. You can think of it as the regular beating of the heart and pulse being broken and erratic.

Widows and orphans: Yes he would've been a half-orphan but I don't think anyone on their death bed is really thinking about specifics.

Wandering through the world once, not a loss: Translates literally as 'World above walk a round, not a loss.' It's not an idiom but from my interpretation, you can think of it in two ways. It could mean that he's travelled a lot around the world and as such, his life has been worth it. It could also refer to how living a life upon the Earth in itself has been worth it in the end. That he had found enough value in it at the end despite his rough early life.

This immortal: Less of a translation note but A-Ting hasn't really referred to herself in third person before. I think she does it here because of how Zheng Liu asked her to give blessings as an immortal. It must've affected her as while she is so much stronger than mortals now, she's still relatively powerless overall.

I was a little surprised how sad I was with his death. I guess it's because he was the strongest mortal tie that A-Ting still had, she doesn't have many left anymore.

I was a little surprised how sad I was with his death. I guess it's because he was the strongest mortal tie that A-Ting still had, she doesn't have many left anymore.

I'm still hoping she gets to know her biological grandmother, but yeah her ties to the mortal realm grow thin.

Do we learn what happened to her mother, the empress? I'm guessing she's dead but I don't remember seeing it confirmed anywhere.

Dex-chan lover
I'm still hoping she gets to know her biological grandmother, but yeah her ties to the mortal realm grow thin.

Do we learn what happened to her mother, the empress? I'm guessing she's dead but I don't remember seeing it confirmed anywhere.
Iirc, her fate was worded out by the grandmother, confirming she's dead.

I'm thinking a-ting's "qi!" on the first page would make more sense as "tsk" or "tch".
The last panel gave me the feels man..
Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
nooo! i knew he was going to die but i hate it. i think this hurts for Ah-ting especially because the bandit was another connection via her grandpa. even if she meets and connects with her grandma, this was really the death of her old life. that’s why the bandit recognizing her as an immortal and her referring to herself that way feels like she’s crossed a permanent boundary and it’s a bit sobering.

“who should i swing my sword at?” what a sad line, made more powerful by the black sky clouded with falling snow behind the speech bubble. life was easier when Ah-ting’s only enemy was Bai Li Ji.

Users who are viewing this thread