Sonna Kazoku nara Sutechaeba? - Vol. 3 Ch. 19

Dex-chan lover
oh no you'd be surprised on how difficult it is to properly start mental health/family councelling. you'd atleast need to have proper self-awarness to realize that you need one. i'd expect the conselling to be suggested by the most logical not emotional person here, but here we are still at an impasse.

he is passive and broken and done. and true, very unsurprising.

true, this is a tunnel vision on my part.

elaborate.

a person driven by logic vs a person driven by emotion.
also the wife unreasonably overreacts to everything that's why.

everyone sucks ass here, man. sure i agree that the wife is horrible, but the husband is no saint either. the mother being mentally unstable causing mental distress to the father and the father lacking the proper understanding and support which is ultimately worsening his wife's mental integrity (im pretty sure he's aware that his wife is mentally ill by now). you cant really blame just one side here tbh. bot side are in the wrong in the same time.

--

i've been with a mentally unstable person before and it has been my part to be understanding, because i know and understand what im getting myself into. eventually i lost all patience and ended the relationship. they were wrong, but they're in no means a bad person. not saying the manga is the same, but you get the gist.

this couldve been resolved if they'd set their ego aside(especially the wife) and have a proper communication plus a proper mediator not some hot milf in the area to be completely honest. although i wont blame reitaro if he switch :)

also fuck that dog teacher.
No I can 100% blame the wife, SHE is the literal cause for him to be in this mental state, the fact that she mentally abused him and isolated him from his own daughter and in their own home, she literally threw shit at him (including glass) and now has other people thinking he's the cause of their broken family when it's literally her, HER OWN DAUGHTER DOESN'T EVEN TRUST HER WITH HER PERSONAL PROBLEMS.

all you're doing is victim blaming here, the father is the real victim of literal abuse, and you trying to shift blame on him just tells me that you pull the same shit on other.

Do better, cause this way of thinking is DEF not it smfh

It's fun seeing so many people having a different opinion compared to mine. To me this manga so far expresses and brings to light the real world. The expectations of a broken family and the pressure that comes with it too. men will be men and take womens side despite only hearing the womans side of the story. women will be women and look at the problem as a whole when it involves someone dear to them.

I'll get into my opinion of each character now starting with the mother. I'm in the middle. 5 Chapters ago I didn't hate her but nor did I like her either. She got traumatised about what the husband said and didn't want him near her child because she didn't trust him. I think its pretty amazing how despite this they still live together and how she is trying to get back to normal i mean even tho he wasnt around much he still lived in the same household his daughter is growing up in which many would dream of being able to have. shes just a mother protecting her daughter and the fact that she made such a huge step these past chapter by telling him to sleep in the same room as her and letting her daughter sleep in her dads room aswell as getting therapy is giving me hope that things will turn better.

As for the father, theres not as much to say as the mother. I mean most of us are on the same page when it comes to him.

And finally, the evil one in the manga known as mr. Ogino. My opinion is different to most if not all of the people that commented here. He's just a man working around children and he noticed one behaving differently from most children and was worried. he talked to the mother and again worried because, just like in the real world, what normal man or woman would think a woman has enough power over a man to abuse them? the mother came forward and thats the only thing that was needed for him to make up his ming. It's not right, I know, but its real life not just a manga.

that's all from me ^^ whoever read through this whole thing, thank you for taking the time to. i really appreciate it and i hope you could somewhat see it in a different way.
have a great day ^^

everyone sucks ass here, man. sure i agree that the wife is horrible, but the husband is no saint either. the mother being mentally unstable causing mental distress to the father and the father lacking the proper understanding and support which is ultimately worsening his wife's mental integrity (im pretty sure he's aware that his wife is mentally ill by now). you cant really blame just one side here tbh. bot side are in the wrong in the same time.
The husband's only flaw is that he pulls away. And I say "flaw" in a very abstract, high-level kind of way. When the psycho bitch started inviting him to bed with her, he decided to literally get up in the middle of the night, and sleep in the hallway. He even reflects on this being a failure on his part, since the wife, from his perspective, was apparently putting in effort to fix their relationship. He understood that regardless of the reasons, his walking away probably wasn't the best thing to do. He was even willing to put aside the exact reasons for it if it meant they could fix things... until he finds out she was just told to pretend to be better by some stranger.

There's nothing to "support" here. She's beyond any kind of help, because almost literally any time anyone says literally anything to her at all, she seethes, she cries, she broods, and gets hostile. The closest we've gotten to "normal" with her has been when she's talking to the teacher, and that's because he, like MC, avoids conflict with her as much as possible, with the added bonus of using her need for "normalcy" to play her, and then enabling her behavior. Temper aside, they're really not all that different from each other; they both have these bizarre preconceptions they try to force on other people.

eventually i lost all patience and ended the relationship. they were wrong, but they're in no means a bad person. not saying the manga is the same, but you get the gist.
If you literally can't help but act like a monster, you're a bad person by definition.
this couldve been resolved if they'd set their ego aside(especially the wife) and have a proper communication plus a proper mediator not some hot milf in the area to be completely honest. although i wont blame reitaro if he switch
If the wife were the kind of person to put aside her bullshit to solve problems, there wouldn't be problems.
She got traumatised about what the husband said
No offense, but I notice a shocking number of people have trouble with reading comprehension on here. What do you think bothered her about what he said?

that she made such a huge step these past chapter by telling him to sleep in the same room as her and letting her daughter sleep in her dads room aswell as getting therapy is giving me hope that things will turn better.
She only asked him to sleep in her room because her simp questioned the normalcy of the tape, and her frigid behavior towards her husband. She has no actual interest in fixing the relationship, only pretending things are normal for the child, and for total strangers.

Also, she's not getting therapy, she's just talking to her simp. What are you on about?
he talked to the mother and again worried because, just like in the real world, what normal man or woman would think a woman has enough power over a man to abuse them?
He already knows she's an unstable piece of shit. This entire thing with the bedroom started because he directly noticed several serious problem with her, and pointed at least one of them out. He's been talking to her for a while; he's got her number.

The husband's only flaw is that he pulls away. And I say "flaw" in a very abstract, high-level kind of way. When the psycho bitch started inviting him to bed with her, he decided to literally get up in the middle of the night, and sleep in the hallway. He even reflects on this being a failure on his part, since the wife, from his perspective, was apparently putting in effort to fix their relationship. He understood that regardless of the reasons, his walking away probably wasn't the best thing to do. He was even willing to put aside the exact reasons for it if it meant they could fix things... until he finds out she was just told to pretend to be better by some stranger.

There's nothing to "support" here. She's beyond any kind of help, because almost literally any time anyone says literally anything to her at all, she seethes, she cries, she broods, and gets hostile. The closest we've gotten to "normal" with her has been when she's talking to the teacher, and that's because he, like MC, avoids conflict with her as much as possible, with the added bonus of using her need for "normalcy" to play her, and then enabling her behavior. Temper aside, they're really not all that different from each other; they both have these bizarre preconceptions they try to force on other people.

If you literally can't help but act like a monster, you're a bad person by definition.

If the wife were the kind of person to put aside her bullshit to solve problems, there wouldn't be problems.

No offense, but I notice a shocking number of people have trouble with reading comprehension on here. What do you think bothered her about what he said?

She only asked him to sleep in her room because her simp questioned the normalcy of the tape, and her frigid behavior towards her husband. She has no actual interest in fixing the relationship, only pretending things are normal for the child, and for total strangers.

Also, she's not getting therapy, she's just talking to her simp. What are you on about?

He already knows she's an unstable piece of shit. This entire thing with the bedroom started because he directly noticed several serious problem with her, and pointed at least one of them out. He's been talking to her for a while; he's got her number.
what bothered her is the fact that he would be willing to let the unborn child die. while shes being ignorant of his feelings knowing full well there was a high chance of her passing away during labour she was just being protective and a mother always puts their cub first in any situation (unfortunately not the case irl nowadays)

she didn't do it cuz she was asked to if you read a couple of chapters ago it was indeed proven she wanted to do it herself not because mr ogino told her to.

mr ogino offered her a pair of ears and hes giving professional advice based off of his current view on the matter which takes her side cuz its the only one hes heard.

he only has her number for when she needs a pair of ears to listen to her and for someone to give her advice. i dont understand just because hes a primary school teacher and is trying to give advice (he aint a therapist or had any past experiencesin that domain as far as we know) everyone just jumps to conclusions. that was my personal opinion on the matter as someone who is proofreading this manga.

Group Leader
To be honest, seeing the comments after each chapters is the motivation I need to keep working on this series. I started this series out with little to no hope, thinking it will be overshadowed by
A. Other genre works like isekai, romance and Pixiv/Twitter one-page oneshot.
B. The Vietnamese translation.
But seeing how each comments still gain this much attraction thrives me to try and finish the series (while trying not to overthink about the people reading the Vietnamese translation and spoiling it lol).

Also, not sure who to root for in this series, I like watching from the sides lol, so don't drag me into the fight haha

Dex-chan lover
To be honest, seeing the comments after each chapters is the motivation I need to keep working on this series. I started this series out with little to no hope, thinking it will be overshadowed by
But seeing how each comments still gain this much attraction thrives me to try and finish the series (while trying not to overthink about the people reading the Vietnamese translation and spoiling it lol).

Also, not sure who to root for in this series, I like watching from the sides lol, so don't drag me into the fight haha
Some of us have colorful opinions about this manga, but you're doing a great job and we're glad it's even being worked on at all.
Even though it's a frustrating story, it's still way more interesting than the one-note coomer slop and Isekai/harem garbage that gets popular with manga readers, so thanks for sticking in there.

what bothered her is the fact that he would be willing to let the unborn child die. while shes being ignorant of his feelings knowing full well there was a high chance of her passing away during labour she was just being protective and a mother always puts their cub first in any situation (unfortunately not the case irl nowadays)
Well I have bad news: We've literally already heard the problem, and it wasn't that. She's bothered that she was given the choice, rather than told. I don't know how people literally watch the characters state their intentions and motivations out loud and somehow still not get the story.
she didn't do it cuz she was asked to if you read a couple of chapters ago it was indeed proven she wanted to do it herself not because mr ogino told her to.
What do you mean "indeed proven"? This only started when Ogino told her it's weird. Hikari only saw her talking to Ogino the next day, so assumed this was the first time. He passed that along, and now they're under the impression the first time happened entirely organically. If there was some shred of genuine desire to patch things up, it's completely overshadowed by the fact that it only happened after she got called out, and then she, again clearly, states that this is all because she was told it's weird and bad for her kid.
mr ogino offered her a pair of ears and hes giving professional advice based off of his current view on the matter which takes her side cuz its the only one hes heard.
He's entirely clear on the fact that she suffers from mood swings; he's experienced them himself. He's just got a crush on her. Anyone thinking about the situation, even for a moment, would realize that she's like this in general, and her husband is likely also dealing with the issue.
he only has her number for when she needs a pair of ears to listen to her and for someone to give her advice. i dont understand just because hes a primary school teacher and is trying to give advice (he aint a therapist or had any past experiencesin that domain as far as we know) everyone just jumps to conclusions. that was my personal opinion on the matter as someone who is proofreading this manga.
He literally called her "cute" after witnessing yet another one of her mood swings, started meeting with her exclusively, and has now started meddling directly in family matters. This is an unnatural level of involvement from a man in some random student's life, and an unusual level of bias for a man with a supposed professional interest in helping a family who is full in the knowledge that the mother is an abusive kook.

Maybe re-read the whole thing, because you seem to have missed all the parts where he literally sits around like "Wow, this woman is a horrible mom. She doesn't care about what's best for her daughter, she freaks out over nothing, and she doesn't want to understand anyone." This attitude only changes once he calls her "cute".

This guy's been so clearly been written as fancying the wife that if he doesn't express any interest at some point in the future, it would be a sign that the author/editor aborted the plotline outright and swept it under the rug.
Level with me: Do the "Thanks for the chapter!" comments do anything for you? Because they upset me irrationally.

Last edited:

Also, not sure who to root for in this series, I like watching from the sides lol, so don't drag me into the

Well I have bad news: We've literally already heard the problem, and it wasn't that. She's bothered that she was given the choice, rather than told. I don't know how people literally watch the characters state their intentions and motivations out loud and somehow still not get the story.

What do you mean "indeed proven"? This only started when Ogino told her it's weird. Hikari only saw her talking to Ogino the next day, so assumed this was the first time. He passed that along, and now they're under the impression the first time happened entirely organically. If there was some shred of genuine desire to patch things up, it's completely overshadowed by the fact that it only happened after she got called out, and then she, again clearly, states that this is all because she was told it's weird and bad for her kid.

He's entirely clear on the fact that she suffers from mood swings; he's experienced them himself. He's just got a crush on her. Anyone thinking about the situation, even for a moment, would realize that she's like this in general, and her husband is likely also dealing with the issue.

He literally called her "cute" after witnessing yet another one of her mood swings, started meeting with her exclusively, and has now started meddling directly in family matters. This is an unnatural level of involvement from a man in some random student's life, and an unusual level of bias for a man with a supposed professional interest in helping a family who is full in the knowledge that the mother is an abusive cook.

Maybe re-read the whole thing, because you seem to have missed all the parts where he literally sits around like "Wow, this woman is a horrible mom. She doesn't care about what's best for her daughter, she freaks out over nothing, and she doesn't want to understand anyone." This attitude only changes once he calls her "cute".

This guy's been so clearly been written as fancying the wife that if he doesn't express any interest at some point in the future, it would be a sign that the author/editor aborted the plotline outright and swept it under the rug.

Level with me: Do the "Thanks for the chapter!" comments do anything for you? Because they upset me irrationally.
You moght be right, you might not, either way im just enjoying the process of reading and proofreading this manga and only hoping for the best of outcomes so instead of taking it in a way where i wish all characters were 6ft under i hope and cheer for them to do what they need to to make it right

Dex-chan lover
Daddy is better than me cause sensei would have been eating a 3 piece combo.

Momma is still a piece of shit tho

Double-page supporter
Honestly don't see where you're getting her defence o_o Mental Health also doesn't excuse torturing another human, sure it does play a factor, but ultimately it doesn't excuse it <_<
i, honestly, am not saying that her abhorrent actions are excused because of her dwindling mental health. i dont know where'd you got that from.

Literal victim blaming, that's all I see from that person's comments. It's like it didn't ever occur to him/her that SHE is the literal reason he's in this current state
by no means, i am not victim blaming here. mother's an asshole and the father's done-zo. as what i've said, everyone sucks ass here.

thank you for your sound response. i will sound like an ass but this was the only logical response i've gotten so far. all other's have been all emotionally driven (like the wife). im all up for discussions but all i were getting were straw-men.
true, but my previous partner was not as bad as the wife although unstable. pls dont call her a monster :meguuusad:

true. as opposed as what the majority has decided, i'd like them to eventually understand each other even if they'd eventually split instead of just cutting it off without having a proper conversation. i am recklessly hopeful.

--

that aside, ive been enjoying reading and processing different perspectives in this thread, although some are really off. i am more extremely looking forward for the next chapters and what discussions it may invoke.

also really, really fuck that dog teacher. id understand if he's on the level of the next door wife, but no he's acting as a professional (teacher). throwing reckless accusations and being a complete fucking vindictive dumbass is very dangerous and unproductive. with that said i hope he chokes on a ramune marble.

thank you for your sound response. i will sound like an ass but this was the only logical response i've gotten so far. all other's have been all emotionally driven (like the wife). im all up for discussions but all i were getting were straw-men.
Because you're saying some pretty stupid shit. Here we have a story about a guy who, for all his faults, doesn't seem to deserve any of what's happening to him. Meanwhile you're sitting around blaming him, insisting that he just has to manage his psycho bitch wife better or something. The entire point is that they've been at this for years, and she has negative interest in growing up and actually solving whatever retarded thing her problem is; he can't manage her, because she has no interest in being reasonable.

true, but my previous partner was not as bad as the wife although unstable. pls dont call her a monster
There's no need to make any excuses for the "mentally ill", and their "disease" isn't your responsibility. All you can do is support their efforts at improvement. But if they're not making an effort, precisely none of the blame for their behavior falls on you.
true. as opposed as what the majority has decided, i'd like them to eventually understand each other even if they'd eventually split instead of just cutting it off without having a proper conversation. i am recklessly hopeful.
That's not in the cards. The wife is an overgrown child. I don't mean that as an insult, it's a plain description of what she is so far. Children don't sit down and talk through their problems like adults.

Dex-chan lover
i, honestly, am not saying that her abhorrent actions are excused because of her dwindling mental health. i dont know where'd you got that from.

by no means, i am not victim blaming here. mother's an asshole and the father's done-zo. as what i've said, everyone sucks ass here.

true, but my previous partner was not as bad as the wife although unstable. pls dont call her a monster :meguuusad:

--

that aside, ive been enjoying reading and processing different perspectives in this thread, although some are really off. i am more extremely looking forward for the next chapters and what discussions it may invoke.

also really, really fuck that dog teacher. id understand if he's on the level of the next door wife, but no he's acting as a professional (teacher). throwing reckless accusations and being a complete fucking vindictive dumbass is very dangerous and unproductive. with that said i hope he chokes on a ramune marble.
You keep saying "everyone sucks ass here" so that also includes Ichika and her father, which again, they have zero fault in that, it loops right back to the mother

I will continue to blame the mother

Double-page supporter
Because you're saying some pretty stupid shit. Here we have a story about a guy who, for all his faults, doesn't seem to deserve any of what's happening to him. Meanwhile you're sitting around blaming him, insisting that he just has to manage his psycho bitch wife better or something. The entire point is that they've been at this for years, and she has negative interest in growing up and actually solving whatever retarded thing her problem is; he can't manage her, because she has no interest in being reasonable.
i agree.

i just reread what ive written and it really actually sounds like im blaming the husband for not managing his rabid ass wife. no excuses for my dumbassery here. definetely a my bad on my part. but what i meant was not at the current timeline, but way before it became worse than this. maybe after the hair cutting part? idk. i feel like this couldve been still be managed at its early stages. (hopium)

id like to see more flashbacks in the future chapters so we'd get more info what has happened between them in those long ass years. i dont want to pick sides for now until we get a larger picture, although i agree that the wife is currently in the wrong here no doubt.

There's no need to make any excuses for the "mentally ill", and their "disease" isn't your responsibility. All you can do is support their efforts at improvement. But if they're not making an effort, precisely none of the blame for their behavior falls on you.
true, i agree vehemently. i realized this before deciding to end it. took me too long enough though.

You keep saying "everyone sucks ass here" so that also includes Ichika and her father, which again, they have zero fault in that, it loops right back to the mother

I will continue to blame the mother
by everyone, i mean the parents ONLY(on that statement). my fault for failing to clarify properly.

Dex-chan lover
Alright wasn't sure last chapter but now I'm disillusioned with sensei. He's just pushing his worldview without even understanding the situation.

I don't really agree with the Dad's outlook here. That's a great way to handle strangers but when the person spewing nonsense is a teacher in your kid's school I think you need to challenge it a bit. That said the way he explained it to Ichika was great. If he got over some of that trauma he'd make a great teacher himself.

What I find strange and hard to connect is how this troupe is repearing in the manga. The kid, the mother, then the teacher. And overall, the relationship between mother and dad are also hovered by a lot of assumptions as well.

Quick edit: there is one thing called postpartum depression. To me this manga seems like an extreme, unrealistic case of it. She being so messed uo after the haircut sounds like a clear cut symptom. It doesn't excuse her behaviour, but it gives it a reason.

Last edited:
I
i just reread what ive written and it really actually sounds like im blaming the husband for not managing his rabid ass wife. no excuses for my dumbassery here. definetely a my bad on my part. but what i meant was not at the current timeline, but way before it became worse than this. maybe after the hair cutting part? idk. i feel like this couldve been still be managed at its early stages. (hopium)
If I had a nickel for every time I've seen someone eat crow, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it's happened twice. And they've both been on here. In just the past two to three months. I respect that you've done it, but thanks to that, I'm starting to have trouble figuring out what kind of person frequents these forums. I've gotten everything from the two cool guys who'll go out of their way to admit they're wrong, to a series of morons who deliberately refuse to understand whatever manga they're reading, despite the story itself explicitly spelling everything out for them.

Moving on, it doesn't look like she's any better in the earlier days, since she started crying over the haircut. And then she was quietly seething over the train incident. From what little we know, it seems he just stopped fitting in with what she considers "normal" at some point. She clearly let him keep talking to the girl after she gave birth, despite being absolutely livid he gave her that choice.

Dex-chan lover
it's not that bad tbh. it's not like their relationship is irreparable. they just need a good family councelling/guidance so they'd both realize their shortcomings, wife being all-assuming and husband being extremely passive, and hopefully mend it to the right direction. you'd also have to consider the child's wellbeing when you decide for divorce. no child is deserving to bear the agony of a broken family. that route could've probably possibly done sooner if they didn't have a child. i hope it goes well.
Uh no, it's pretty fucking bad. Bro is practically terrified of his own wife, that is not mendable.

Fed-Kun's army
So I just read all the English chapters available and I get the feeling that this is the calm before the storm.

Double-page supporter
I just hope there will be reverse NTR where the husband gets with the daughters friends mom. Because Jesus Christ this story is like a car crash in slow motion that’s filled to the brim with bad choices.

Users who are viewing this thread