Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi o Suru - Ch. 104

Non-chan is a great kid, i think anyone with the right mind would say so looking at them still being a kid with tantrums when things didnt go their way. Thats completely normal so their past was more of a misunderstanding between kids.

If you think Wac-chan was traumatized because of what she said, then ask yourself why you cant sympathize with the kid Non-chan herself for what he did to her?
Are you really comparing Wakana and Nobara? The difference is that Wakana did nothing to her. Did you really want Wakana to put Nobara's feeling before his own while he was grieving his parents?
If you think Wac-chan behavior was dismissible because of his parents sudden death, then why cant you sympathize with a 'person' who did all her best to dedicate her time and interest every single passing day for someone dear to her so that she could help him ease through his hard times? Moreover when that 'person' is a kid herself?
Wakana's behaviour wasn't dismissive, he was grieving. He had just lost his parents. Nobara trying to help him was nice but it doesn't change the fact that she lashed out against Wakana because his savior was his grandpa and not her like she wanted.
They were both kids with both of their own their selfish nature in the past, so if anything a reconciliation is the least they should get knowing both of them never means harm with what they did as a kid.

Wakana turning a blind eye to the people that tried to help him and Nobara throwing tantrums when her genuine care was guttered like nothing was both of their fault as the kid they was in the past.
The way you're dismissive about the fact that Wakana had just lost both of his parents is quite strange. You are putting on the same level a kid who found back the will to leave through the Hina dolls and a kid who got frustrated because her friend wasn't playing with her anymore.
They should come to terms with their past. And marin got nothing to say abt this as an outsider. The whole Marin x Wakana should step aside their love antics for a while cs this is more than just love interest. If anything this would clear up both of their trauma from the past.

Nobora doesn't seem to be a bad person. It looks like she had regret from what she said to Wakana.
Without the Hina dolls who knows where Wakana would have been now. It allowed him to cope his lost, even if it wasn't really in the most healthy way.

Double-page supporter
You must not fear. The power of love will prevail over colateral interests!

So we're gonna go the classic love interest starts to distance themselves?
Bonus points if the whole "I've been a bit busy lately" is a total misunderstanding and not necessarily due to cosplay creation.
Well, it's a cliché in love stories because it's extremely common in real life too! Misunderstandings snowball. Once Gojo began to feel defeated and chose to distance himself from her, with his mentality of "I've lost her" or something to that effect, she inevitably felt that.

She felt pushed away, and his rationalization for it, was the hina dolls, and his grandfather. In his attempt to rationalize his self inflicted romantic heartbreak, stemming from low self esteem, and having essentially dolled her up and tossed her to the wolves, he inevitably gave her, the woman that loves him, a painfully valid reason to step away.

His reason for stepping away is his low self esteem. Hers, is guilt, thinking she robbed him of his life long goal. That she got in the way, and that being in his life is hurting him.

My guess is she'll begin to avoid him because she doesn't want to be in his way and distract him from his important goals, and he'll interpret that as her no longer being interested, and what he feared had come to pass. The irony, is that he made it a reality. Tale as old as time.

Dex-chan lover
I can kind of understand where "it's a bait and switch! Too much drama!" crowd is coming from. If I squint and turn my head sideways, I can kind of see it. OTOH whining much, aren't you?

Fiction often involves drama. Greek gods interact? Drama. A Montague falls in love with a Capulet? Drama. Lancelot falls in love with Guinevere? You bet there's going to be drama. Drama is not poison. It's one of the most useful engines that's been powering fiction since forever.

Now there can be lame ass drama, and there can be high quality too. So far mangaka-san did a good job of making me care about Marin and Wakana. That's already a lot better than most of manga stories out there. I agree the tone of the manga is somewhat different than how it started. And I agree that the Haniel part was really really slow. But I'm not upset about Non's appearance. Seems like we should be able to learn a lot about Wakana through her. I welcome that possibility. And something's happening at least.

It's slow though. I agree about that.

Dex-chan lover
Rest in peace Mike.

Nothing happens for months and now a huge info dump can fill a whole volume? It is getting axed, right?

Supporter
It's gonna feel good when this arc resolves...
Rest in peace, Mike - thanks for you, man

Bruh I'd rather see Gojou get with the cousin than Marin at this point lmao. Something to get this story moving and add some excitement

Knowing the reason behind that outburst makes sense, especially when she's just a kid. But it doesn't make Gojo's trauma go away. Marin is also starting to realize the burden she's placed on Gojo, even if he wanted to help her. It still kinda hinders his progress on becoming a hina doll maker. And Non-chan is also regretting what she said when she was younger. Just regrets everywhere. But I do feel like things will get resolved fairly easily and quickly.

Finally caught up from where the anime ended btw. Took me three days lol

Aggregator gang
Classic tropes can be done well, but Sono Bisque Doll has been 100+ chapters of a meandering excuse for the author's cosplay enthusiasm. Yet, the audience is mostly here for the romcom, which so far stinks.
Noticed this manga when it aired an anime season. I tried so hard to get into it, but it was obviously someone that wanted to info-dump how much they knew about cosplay. I don't know why this is labeled as a romcom. Maybe I need to read more chapters, but this is more of a drama than it is a romcom.

Now I just check it occasionally to see if it adopted romance or comedy elements. Still don't see them.

Hey everyone.

It's with a very heavy heart that I am letting you all know that our dear friend @mike_leehk has passed away on the morning of June 7th.

Mike was the person who's first dragged me into the world of scanlation. He was a key member of Church of Potteto, has taught me how to typeset, and was an incredible mentor. But more than that, Mike was a very dear friend to many of us.

Mike leaves behind an emptiness that will weigh on us all, but we will keep his legacy alive in his name. There should not be significant changes going forwards, however, Church of Potteto activities will carry on under my stead, and I will be taking over as typesetter on Sono Bisque Doll.

I'd like to extend my deepest condolences to his family, and wish them the best in their grieving process.

Thank you for everything Mike, we'll miss you dearly. Rest well.
Rest in peace, Mike. I hope Mike's family and everyone in Church of Poteto will be able to move on. 🙏

Dex-chan lover
Classic tropes can be done well, but Sono Bisque Doll has been 100+ chapters of a meandering excuse for the author's cosplay enthusiasm. Yet, the audience is mostly here for the romcom, which so far stinks.
Nisekoi romance stank, but this one has a cosplay flavor.

Dex-chan lover
Non-chan was super-sweet, and very persistent in trying to get Gojo to come out of his shell (blanket). She really went the extra 50 miles.

Then, she finds out that it had no impact at all. He doesn't have any comments, or give any thanks to her. It's like it never happened as far as he's concerned. That's pretty brutal. Even when she talks to him at the doll shop, he doesn't pay any attention to her.

I understand the trauma that Gojo was under. And there is a fundamental difference in personality. But what happened in the past was his own non-involvement with others boomeranging back on him.

Users who are viewing this thread