Sono Bisque Doll wa Koi o Suru - Vol. 12 Ch. 92

Dex-chan lover
my thoughts exactly. Plus i dunno why gojou seems to be taking this cosplay so personally, but i am all on board for him taking a personal arc in this finally
I don't think it's him taking it personally but wanting it to be the best, so he obsesses (almost maniacally) over every detail. While it can be dangerous and leading to burnout as others have said, the attention to detail is what captivates the audience so much usually.

Dex-chan lover
my thoughts exactly. Plus i dunno why gojou seems to be taking this cosplay so personally, but i am all on board for him taking a personal arc in this finally

He is resonating with the author of the manga immensely since he also takes his craft very very seriously. So basicly, he wants do the cosplay absolute justice which will %10000000000000000 be seen and praised (something the author never did for any adaptation of his work) by the author himself at the end of the arc.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think it's him taking it personally but wanting it to be the best, so he obsesses (almost maniacally) over every detail. While it can be dangerous and leading to burnout as others have said, the attention to detail is what captivates the audience so much usually.
Gojou has like zero excitement or enjoyment in doing this project, though. Or, at least, he shows almost none of it in his expressions or body language.

Thats why I said it almost looks like he's in a trance. If you told me he's doing this project out of obligation for Marin, I'd believe you. Or because he's entranced by the story. If you told me he was doing it because he enjoyed it and compared his expressions to the earlier chapters, I would not believe you.

Dex-chan lover
Say whatever you want. This story is getting boring. Not Komi-san level of boring, but borderline close. And I'd love to argue over this statment, but tbh - there is nothing that'd convince me otherwise. I don't know what you people see in this arc. I grabbed this manga, cause it was light, non-committal story about pair of highschoolers with their own passions, getting to know each other better and learning from each other, with romance twist, that wasn't your standard "ohmygosh it's my hatsukoi what would I do rn omg omg omg hyaaaa~... oh wait who is that other bitch..." wibe, but relatively normal contacts between characters. And where are we now? Dude thinking n-th chapter about fabric. That's not the kind of development I was expecting picking this series up. Now I understand why I liked Telework Yotabanashi so much.

Dex-chan lover
My guess is at the end of this arc the author of this whatever-original-source-name will look at gojou's magnum opus and will harshly criticize it or even say "meh" and move on, which, looking at the amount of efforts gojou is putting into this cosplay and all the accumulated stress, will make him completely demoralised, burned out and unwilling to even think about making cosplay costumes. And that's when marin and co come to the rescue, leading into healing arc (and maybe some substantial progress?)

Dex-chan lover
Ever since the anime announcement the whole pace went down drastically. Dont get me wrong it’s a tough business and squeezing every single bag you can get your hands on(2 anime seasons in 3 years, ads or even the exhibition) is fine but
Like we get it man marin gonna confess on Christmas at the end of the arc and all that but… cmon Mr Editor atleast dont drop the subplots and inbetweens

Dex-chan lover
I'm actually wondering if he shouldn't ask his grandfather for advice?
At the moment he seems a bit too closed off for it. Too much of that single-minded focus to see the broader picture.

Main issue is that, somehow, older chapters had stuff like Gojou struggling too. But they also had other subplots going, comedy elements, ecchi stuff, cosplaying, even everyday life - everything in a single chapter. Now it's chapters after chapters about one damn thing. Why author could show us Gojou struggles in a couple of panels and it worked before?
I think it's a bit of a late manga syndrome. The further into the manga you get, the longer the arcs get, and the more chapters it takes to accomplish the same tasks.

Like, if you start off with a tournament arc, or have one very early on, it's going to take a few chapters, maybe several. If you have one towards the end of the manga (or worse, end with one), it's going to take multiple volumes.

Dex-chan lover
At the moment he seems a bit too closed off for it. Too much of that single-minded focus to see the broader picture.

I think it's a bit of a late manga syndrome. The further into the manga you get, the longer the arcs get, and the more chapters it takes to accomplish the same tasks.

Like, if you start off with a tournament arc, or have one very early on, it's going to take a few chapters, maybe several. If you have one towards the end of the manga (or worse, end with one), it's going to take multiple volumes.
Two words: Tenkaichi Budokai.

Aggregator gang
The single page with his grandfather is striking. Gramps knows exactly what he's going through in the creative process and is very proud of him in that panel.

I appreciated that subtle reflection of pride in his grandson which was for me the gem of the chapter.

Dex-chan lover
My guess is at the end of this arc the author of this whatever-original-source-name will look at gojou's magnum opus and will harshly criticize it or even say "meh" and move on, which, looking at the amount of efforts gojou is putting into this cosplay and all the accumulated stress, will make him completely demoralised, burned out and unwilling to even think about making cosplay costumes. And that's when marin and co come to the rescue, leading into healing arc (and maybe some substantial progress?)
Sounds about right.

Dex-chan lover
That said, Gojo is one person that shouldn’t get the death note. Bro would aim for perfection the whole day

Users who are viewing this thread