Sono Monban, Saikyou Nitsuki: Tsuihou Sareta Bougyo Ryoku 9999 no Senshi, Outo no Monban Toshite Musou Suru

What is with all the disrespect to tanks in mangas like this. In every MMO I have ever played, good tanks have been in super high demand. Are these authors tanks in mmos?

Tank with 9999 defense that got kicked from the hero party cuz of 2 unknown skill and then he go back to his sister? You guys are probably talking about this https://mangadex.org/title/36763/the-labyrinth-raids-of-the-ultimate-tank/comments/
I've quite enjoyed that manga but sadly it hasnt been updated in a long time

What kind of absolute retard removes their tank? Are the people in these manga's just lacking basic common sense?

Dex-chan lover
that description probably spoilers like 10 next chapters xD

Dex-chan lover
Why do I feel like I've heard this EXACT plot before? Must be my imagination. This is a completely original and well thought out concept afterall

@Black_Nodius I mean, yeah. You aren't just now picking up on that right? Generally speaking fiction will compromise on logic, realism, and common sense to force story or plot. It is expected that readers will allow that (to a degree), but most good writers still keep it to a minimum (if they're making a good story). These generic web novels, Manga, and anime normally completely ignore that and then crank up the compromises to a billion. Not to say there aren't well written anime, web novels/light novels, or Manga, but generic sells and premises like this are common. It's trash, we know it's trash, we call it out for being trash, but we still read it (to a certain point). At this point I swear there's a mandatory rule that states you MUST write a story where a party (preferably famous and high ranking one) gets rid of its healer and/or tank because reasons. Sure common sense dictates those are the only two roles that matter, but who cares about that?

Dex-chan lover
@adidas_spray

I agree. This should get a harem tag.
The novel gets weird with how the other members of his guard team acts.
The dude doesn't actually do anything with them since he's the straight man of these comedy harem but yeah it's harem all right.

Double-page supporter
First they came for the healers, then they came for the tanks...

Dex-chan lover
> healers are useless
> blackmisths are useless
> alchemists are useless
> tamers/summoners are useless
> archers are useless
> mages are useless
> tanks are useless

I guess we only need "warriors are useless" and the base is pretty much done.

Group Leader
no
just no

first of all, what the fuck
second of all, what the fuck
third of all, what kind of idiot party leader is that guy to kick out their tank ?
fourth of all, why is it that everyone always gets ahead of themselves once they get a bit famous?
fifth of all, it's too predictable that something will happen to the party and they will either encounter the mc again and realize that they're weak and need a tank
sixth of all, what kind of bullshit is this
seventh of all, excuse me 3 girls is a harem right? so put in the freaking tag
eighth of all, that summary is making it unnappealing yknow
last of all, what the fuck

Im so confused. Anyone with half a braincell would not kick out their tank. They are team that has enough achievements to be famous, yet the leader does not know the basics of party composition? The other party members should have called him out instead of sitting there and holding their tongues. This is their livelihood at stake here. The only assets they have is their collective combat ability and ability to get quests done. They are not some big guild that can get by with other means than quests and such. This feels so forced.

Double-page supporter
@_xXIncognitoModeXx_
@osqmu
Unfortunately the author does not care about sense. It's just the same regurgitated plot of the "secretly op" mc being kicked out that pops up everywhere now.

It's a power fantasy cynically designed to prey on people who have been rejected by their peers. They can feel that their rejection was unjustified and pretend they are secretly really amazing, other people just can't see it. And then all the girls fell in love with them and everyone clapped. Blech.

In their rush to perfect the science of self-insert wish-fulfillment LN/WN authors have created a flood of worthless, copy pasted garbage.

Dex-chan lover
Is it REALLY that hard to come up with something original these days? Is almost like authors don't read any other manga, sees something trending, copies it and shoves it out as original and creative work by him. Get a fucking grip....

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but why are there so many stories with a shield character being fired/exiled from a group now? I didn't realize that this was becoming a common trope now. Is it because of Shield Hero?

Users who are viewing this thread