Sono Ossan, Isekai de Nishuume Play wo Mankitsuchuu - Vol. 3 Ch. 15

Dex-chan lover
Why is he suddenly so huge???

Or was he always that big and I just forgot cause it was so long and this just isn't that memorable of a series...???

Edit: checked first chapter and the gap wasn't THIS big... maybe it's the author's loliconism???

Dex-chan lover
If mc isn't even going to remember it, why isekai?
Him being reincarnated was very relevant to the story in the novel.

In the novel he regains his memories when he meets the Luna at the start of the series. The level reset restored his memories IIRC.

Almost everything he does is based on using knowledge from playing the MMO that the people of the world have not discovered.

It was just largely stripped from the Manga adaptation. This is just a very bad adaptation due to the cut content stripping a lot of the plot consistency.

Dex-chan lover

In the novel he regains his memories when he meets the Luna at the start of the series. The level reset restored his memories IIRC.

Almost everything he does is based on using knowledge from playing the MMO that the people of the world have not discovered.

It was just largely stripped from the Manga adaptation. This is just a very bad adaptation due to the cut content stripping a lot of the plot consistency.
Was about to say that it can be an interesting way to show his knowledge of the world but not go into the typical taking advantage of that knowledge at every turn.

Like with the boss battle, he knew what to do when it was necessary.

But if you say that lack of it takes from the story as a whole, then I should read the novel to see.

Dex-chan lover
But if you say that lack of it takes from the story as a whole, then I should read the novel to see.
The knowledge makes a bunch of things make more sense, as they keep doing things no one else knows about.
A few times you could excuse it as him being a veteran and the girls rookies, but there are other things, like how he found the path to the boss, thay kind of rely on him knowing things no one else does. As he did not search for it and found it easily l, but no one else had any clue it was there.
Same with finding the egg for the dragon pet, that was due to MMO knowledge letting him know where and how to look to find out where the egg was going to spawn.

The story was written with the mmo knowledge being avaliable in mind, and him knowing things no one else does as they were found in game by people deliberately slowing down and exploring every last inch of the areas, while here people are leaving once the out level an area, so no one is say risking their lives repelling over cliffs looking for hidden caves/rooms, because if you can not respawn you do not take the same risks as gamers do in game.

Dex-chan lover
The knowledge makes a bunch of things make more sense, as they keep doing things no one else knows about.
A few times you could excuse it as him being a veteran and the girls rookies, but there are other things, like how he found the path to the boss, thay kind of rely on him knowing things no one else does. As he did not search for it and found it easily l, but no one else had any clue it was there.
Same with finding the egg for the dragon pet, that was due to MMO knowledge letting him know where and how to look to find out where the egg was going to spawn.

The story was written with the mmo knowledge being avaliable in mind, and him knowing things no one else does as they were found in game by people deliberately slowing down and exploring every last inch of the areas, while here people are leaving once the out level an area, so no one is say risking their lives repelling over cliffs looking for hidden caves/rooms, because if you can not respawn you do not take the same risks as gamers do in game.
It might be that they changed their mind about the "retcon" or whatever you want to call the editorial liberties they took.
If they slowly phase it back into the story and just say that he " subconsciously knew about it anyway "
I think it should not change the story too much as a whole.

But yeah, if the MC does not remember and does not have any other benefits otherwise than his memories then there really is no need for this to be an Isekai as it stands.

I read a few stories where the MC is isekai´d but have amnesia for some reason or another.
But those usually made the Isekai part at least relevant even if the MC did not remember his last life.
For example, I recall there was a manga with an MC who sold his memories for extra abilities after his reincarnation.

Dex-chan lover
For example, I recall there was a manga with an MC who sold his memories for extra abilities after his reincarnation.
Black Summoner, he traded his memories for more skill points/better starting skills.

Dex-chan lover
WHAT?! The synoposis wasn't a lie?!
If mc isn't even going to remember it, why isekai?
Great question. Next we should also ask why sometimes mc's (or others) have prophetic dreams that they can't remember (and not the fuzzy memories, or deja-vu kind of feelings allowing them to save the day. But rather actually not remembering.) all the time.
Because it's popular. I mean, back when it was new, I joked that the story that treated the isekai element the best was DanMachi.
danmachi isn't, and never has been, an isekai though? That sentence is like calling "your lie in april" an isekai - utterly nonsensical.

Why the hell...
But those usually made the Isekai part at least relevant even if the MC did not remember his last life.
How did they make it relevant in that story? Were there other reincarnators, who identified him as one thanks to said bonuses?

Dex-chan lover
danmachi isn't, and never has been, an isekai though? That sentence is like calling "your lie in april" an isekai - utterly nonsensical.
No, it's like calling the latter one good: It's a joke. Did you miss the part where I said that, or did you ignore that just so you could "correct" me?

Dex-chan lover
No, it's like calling the latter one good: It's a joke. Did you miss the part where I said that, or did you ignore that just so you could "correct" me?
I think you need to recheck the MAL score of "lie in april" :p
And my point was that it wasn't really a joke, as a joke should have a punchline/zinger/point/whatever. Or rather, it was the subset of joke where the funny part is simply that you are saying nonsense (sort of like if you abruptly say "washing machine" sans any context when noone has said anything for a while, or why magical trevors "beans, lots of beans" part is funny, or like watching "Borat"). But from your sentence, that was clearly not the subset of joke you intended.

Dex-chan lover
I think you need to recheck the MAL score of "lie in april" :p
It's toxic, and using popularity scores as an argument for quality means you don't have an argument.

But from your sentence, that was clearly not the subset of joke you intended.
The point is exactly that it isn't an isekai, and therefore it treated the isekai element better than actual isekai stories, as most isekais don't actually bother using the isekai element for anything than riding the isekai popularity wave. But at the time, the isekai adjacent stories weren't that popular yet, so a lot of people were talking about it like an isekai and lumped it into that genre, despite not actually being an isekai. Isekai.

Dex-chan lover
How did they make it relevant in that story? Were there other reincarnators, who identified him as one thanks to said bonuses?
Well the most obvious part is that it does explain his unusual powers compared to everyone else.
But there were indeed other reincarnates/ isekai´d people and one even joins his party later on.
but its been awhile since i read it.

Its called " Black Summoner " as sjmcc13 kindly mentioned above.
And it does even have a anime now too.

Its not the greatest thing since sliced bread.
But i can serve as a OK time waster if you got nothing else to read while waiting for other manga´s to update.

Users who are viewing this thread