Sora & Haena!

thank you very much for the translation, I was already reading this work but my Korean is a piece of shit.
So thanks anyway
<3

Dex-chan lover
guuyyss, giiirrrllllss , don't care... Christmas is comminnngg ... chapter 3 pleeeeaaasee

Dex-chan lover
@Pebble_God やったー!誰か百合の意味が分かっている Finally! Not only me who understand it xD
PS Chapter 3, still unavailable

I NEEED MOREEE 😭😭😭😭 PLS CONTINUE TRANSLATING PLSSS THANK YOUUU

@HaraZhi seems like it's offically being translated here but reading some chapters requires buying coins.
https://copincomics.com/?c=toon&k=176

Fed-Kun's army
@Speppo82 Yeah, it's pretty confusing. Especially when the community can't seem to agree what actually separates the two.

My understanding is that the difference between Shoujo Ai and Yuri is "best friends forever"/platonic "love" versus romantic love. However, you also have the other interpretation that differentiates the two on the matter of sex. If its romantic with insinuated (but never shown) sex, its Shoujo-Ai. If there's sex and it is not graphically shown (hentai), then its Yuri.

Even so, I get faked out a lot (where they end up only just being friends) on this site and others... it does get annoying. In that regard, I really wish they could make up their mind as I like knowing when I go in, if there will be payout or another disappointment. It would therefor be nice if MangaDex set how they define the two tags and ensure that standard is used across the board so that it's obvious upfront which of the two it's going to be (love or friends).

Personally, I'm banking on lovers. Particularly with the height gap and age gap. But I've been disappointed before...which is why the Shoujo Ai tag worries me so much.

@ElizLestrad I feel that there used to be a defined line on what counted as shoujo-ai and what counted as yuri, but it seems to have blurred. I also see Boys Love or Girls Love used more often nowadays. It might be that, before, Japanese manga was the most popular and widely read. But now Korean and Chinese comics are becoming popular and using Japanese terms to refer to all media has fallen out of fashion. Just my two cents. I think readers nowadays see shoujo-ai and yuri as interchangeable, but now there's not a consensus of what exactly they mean.

I know what you mean about being disappointed. I've read lots where there's a lot of subtext, but it's vague enough that you can say there's no romance.

@ElizLestrad

It's annoying we have two tags for gl. If the official publisher says it's yuri , it's yuri.

I think shoujo ai started to tag more subtle girl love like subtext or sexual inouendo where you don't see them kiss or actual romance starts very late into the story.

I have noticed when something is tagged yuri but you don't immediately see some lesbian interaction or there are even guys in the plot , people complain and remove the tag , even though the official publisher states it's yuri.

Dex-chan lover
idk man, kissing in the second chapter seems pretty gay to me

Also taken from the official summary: "Yet strangely, instead of some boy, Sora finds her heart beating for Haena..."

Users who are viewing this thread