Sora wo Matotte - Vol. 3 Ch. 18 - Spontaneous nature

Supporter
Thanks for the translation.
I liked it at first but I'm not too much into these developments and this new character. I feel their dynamic forced and not believable. The main character start to annoy me too. I guess I'll still give a try for some chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks @princess_daphie... I too have noticed the "somehow hot" when it comes to the the women in this manga. It would be nice if he had a subject with a more normal body-type that he was able to see the beauty in.

P.S. I think women of various body types are beautiful, but I'm partial to "Rubenesque" ladies

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Haro when he sees a pretty lady.

monkey-monke.gif

Thanks for the chapter!

Dex-chan lover
I really like reading this series and stuff about arts in general but it's like ....you'll see chapters with decent characters and their fare share of troubles and then you have the mc wanting to draw their nudes and say it so nonchalantly 😭.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Thanks for the tl~~

Dex-chan lover
and then you have the mc wanting to draw their nudes and say it so nonchalantly 😭.
He says it nonchalantly because it has absolutely no sexual implications. He wants to draw them because he sees their unique beauty as a person. The nude female form is just a medium of expression. That's IMHO one of the most interesting things about this manga - there is nudity everywhere, and none of it is sexualized.

Dex-chan lover
my eyes are tired. will somebody massage my eyes. please my eyes.

Supporter
He says it nonchalantly because it has absolutely no sexual implications. He wants to draw them because he sees their unique beauty as a person. The nude female form is just a medium of expression. That's IMHO one of the most interesting things about this manga - there is nudity everywhere, and none of it is sexualized.
I agree with you, but I just have an issue here: all the persons Haro wants to paint are beautiful girls. No boys, no lady with atypical body. So it kinds of disprove what you just said, since currently, making a beautiful nude seems to imply painting a beautiful body.
And that's actually pretty contrary to all the people I know, who are painter or followed art schools (and I know many), ever told me. According to them, people with perfect body are usually boring to draw, while people with weird body are fun and expressive.
I guess that's why Haro as a character is starting to annoy me.

Banned
Thanks @princess_daphie... I too have noticed the "somehow hot" when it comes to the the women in this manga. It would be nice if he had a subject with a more normal body-type that he was able to see the beauty in.

P.S. I think women of various body types are beautiful, but I'm partial to "Rubenesque" ladies
Well he is in Japan not America. So all girls and adult women there are slim and fit. It is realistic.

I agree with you, but I just have an issue here: all the persons Haro wants to paint are beautiful girls. No boys, no lady with atypical body. So it kinds of disprove what you just said, since currently, making a beautiful nude seems to imply painting a beautiful body.
And that's actually pretty contrary to all the people I know, who are painter or followed art schools (and I know many), ever told me. According to them, people with perfect body are usually boring to draw, while people with weird body are fun and expressive.
I guess that's why Haro as a character is starting to annoy me.
Now that I think about it, isn't it kind of odd that he's never tried himself? It seems like that'd be one of the first points that someone trying to draw the "ultimate nude" would start at.

Users who are viewing this thread