Sore wa Rei no Shiwaza desu - Vol. 5 Ch. 41 - Much Ado About Love

it wasn't enough to add the sidenote, they had to get that stupidity into the afterword too huh. just how much is this guy trying to push the idea that she has rape fantasies? or rather, how do the words "rape fantasy" even cross someone's mind after reading this damn chapter? maybe I shouldn't be surprised after those afterwords from back when ange first appeared; nothing but the greatest galaxy-brain takes

sure happy they stopped translating for whatever reason. now we can avoid having the rest of the chapters ruined by this kind of cringe

Dex-chan lover
it wasn't enough to add the sidenote, they had to get that stupidity into the afterword too huh. just how much is this guy trying to push the idea that she has rape fantasies? or rather, how do the words "rape fantasy" even cross someone's mind after reading this damn chapter? maybe I shouldn't be surprised after those afterwords from back when ange first appeared; nothing but the greatest galaxy-brain takes

sure happy they stopped translating for whatever reason. now we can avoid having the rest of the chapters ruined by this kind of cringe
yeah you gotta be some sort of weird breed of virgin to think that a girl thinking about having sex with her boyfriend is rape lmao

Group Leader
... sorry not sorry
fPedTAvq.png

edit: just saw end of chapter, to think i was so close to base...

Last edited:

Ngl y'all sound like the real virgins here, no offence. She literally said "No, I'm just here to study." What part of that "no" constitutes valid consent to you? Translator person is 100% right, this was a rape fantasy, which girls are allowed to have. In fact, studies show around 65-69% of women have had rape fantasies. This doesn't however mean that they're want to be raped by a random guy. When they imagine the guy, it's usually someone they already sexually desire, hence being a fantasy and not reality. It's an important distinction that separate normal sexual desire from what would be an immoral violation.

If the stigma from the word "rape" in "rape fantasy" is clouding your perspective of normal sexual dynamics, and you are unable to divorce the stigma of rape from otherwise normal sexual fantasies (yes, even rape fantasies), then that's on you, not the translator. She said no and the guy of her dreams (MC-kun) still had his way with her, ravishing and dominating her. And she was gushing over those thoughts and blushing, hoping it would come to reality. This is what most women want in the bedroom (more so in the "being ravished, taken or dominated" way and not necessarily the "I said no, but he still forced himself on me" way), provided it's a guy they have romantically vetted and feel comfortable around (sense of safety is always important for women) to open themselves up sexually to him.

If you don't understand sexual dynamics or are otherwise afraid of addressing the stigma from certain phrases (like rape fantasies), I'd recommend just sitting out the convo and avoid further sapping all the nuance out of sexual dynamics, in a way that doesn't reflect how it plays out in reality.

Last edited:
thanks for the recommendation buddy, you'll be the first one I ask when I need tumblr-flavored midwit opinions from now on
I have never used tumblr, way to completely miss the mark on that. If you wanna reply, actually come after my points instead of cowardly engaging in insults stemming from baseless speculation as a substitute for a proper rebuttal to the points I made.

Otherwise go argue against a wall.

Oh don't worry pal, I already am
Maybe instead of being surrounded by walls called your room, if you went outside and actually touched some grass, you wouldn't have these half-baked opinions on sexual dynamics. Better yet, you'll decide to sit out these conversations since you don't have any insight to offer.

Users who are viewing this thread